• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2014-15 Season

Latendresse probably should have gotten 9 games & then sent back to Junior. I get that he was the best player in camp, and I get giving him a shot, but "the stars of September are gone by November." Brandon Kozun was the best player in Leafs' camp this year for example, started on the second line and 5 games later, he's on the fourth line. Yeah, he got 16 goals, but he was terrible. A naturally skilled shooter, but he might as well have been 5'9", being physical was not something he was interested in. It would be one thing if he was the best player in preseason and then it translated into actual NHL games, but it never did. He was always behind the play and had tremendous difficulties. I don't understand what there is to gain by putting a 19 year old player in a situation like that.

While Latendresse was really good in Junior, he was the 13th forward on the WJC and was never a dominant player in Junior. One more year in junior to improve, get more good habits, out of the limelight would have done him wonders. And playing in the AHL would have helped him greatly as well. In an ideal world, the AHL probably would have been his best option at 19 years old.

Latendresse probably should have gotten 9 games & then sent back to Junior. I get that he was the best player in camp, and I get giving him a shot, but "the stars of September are gone by November." Brandon Kozun was the best player in Leafs' camp this year for example, started on the second line and 5 games later, he's on the fourth line. Yeah, he got 16 goals, but he was terrible. A naturally skilled shooter, but he might as well have been 5'9", being physical was not something he was interested in. It would be one thing if he was the best player in preseason and then it translated into actual NHL games, but it never did. He was always behind the play and had tremendous difficulties. I don't understand what there is to gain by putting a 19 year old player in a situation like that.

While Latendresse was really good in Junior, he was the 13th forward on the WJC and was never a dominant player in Junior. One more year in junior to improve, get more good habits, out of the limelight would have done him wonders. And playing in the AHL would have helped him greatly as well. In an ideal world, the AHL probably would have been his best option at 19 years old.

He was pretty physical up until he ended Dimaio's career and that got in his head after that and stopped throwing body checks. He wasn't picking up good habits in juniors, he was and always was a lazy player and being a man among child in junior wasn't doing him any good. I maintain that keeping him that year was fine but they should have sent him down in the AHL the next year.

On top of that I seem to remember that there was some concerns about the coaching staff in Drummondville around that time so they wanted to take him out of there.

Last edited:
it is just a rote response, oh he made NHL before 22 ergo rushed therefore if not turn into what expected, must be due to being rushed
I agree most kids arent failing due to being rushed. I say most though.

One who was clearly rushed is RNH. He was too small and needed to build muscle. As a result he got injured a lot his first two years and that stunted his development

Latendresse was definitely rushed.

He got way too much way too quickly and became more interested in being a Quebécois pop icon than an NHLer. He also never truly learn how to work up the latter of being a pro. Eventually his career was ruined by concussions, but he should have been something and the organization ****ed up by not sending him back to junior for a fourth year & the AHL in his first pro season afterwards.

It was the same thing that almost killed James Sheppard's career. "He'll learn more by playing against men in the NHL than in junior", despite clearly not being good enough and struggling to survive.
Latendresse still became a 27 goal scorer before the concussions. He still would have succeeded.

Price and Pacioretty were also rushed but recovered.

You can recover a kid who is rushed in many cases. It takes a good plan though.

Someone tweeted that the penalty box area was reduced in size and new seats were added. Not sure if it was a joke.

Someone tweeted that the penalty box area was reduced in size and new seats were added. Not sure if it was a joke.

I guess Pleks won't be happy as he won't be able to sit with his legs extended and crossed anymore.

Question re attendance. Looks like capacity is up to 21287 from 21273. Where did they put the extra seats?

They now moved the visiting teams backup goalie to the locker room and put seats there. Next season they'll make the oppositions backup goalie wait in the parking garage.

Beaulieu and Bournival have been assigned to Hamilton. They'll re-join the team in Edmonton on Sunday.

I think we'll be seeing a lot of this up and down with the young guys sitting.

MB doesn't want these guys sitting around too long and as it stands it doesn't look like Beaulieu will get ice time anytime soon.

They come off the cap when they're sent down. He did it last season too.

Yeah but I though you meant there was some pro rated cap savings down the road when guys are sent down...I know that when guys are sent down that they come of the cap.

Back