• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2014-15 Season

hairnova

News Breaker
Roster:

Goalies:
31 - Carey Price
35 - Dustin Tokarski

Defencemen:
24 - Jarred Tinordi
28 - Nathan Beaulieu
43 - Mike Weaver
74 - Alexei Emelin
76 - P.K. Subban "A"
77 - Tom Gilbert
79 - Andrei Markov "A"

Forwards:
08 - Brandon Prust
11 - Brendan Gallagher
14 - Tomas Plekanec "A"
15 - Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau
17 - Rene Bourque
20 - Manny Malhotra
22 - Dale Weise
26 - Jiri Sekac
27 - Alex Galchenyuk
32 - Travis Moen
49 - Michael Bournival
51 - David Desharnais
67 - Max Pacioretty "A"
81 - Lars Eller

Last edited by a moderator:
Best lineup we have had in a while although I do worry about our D after Markov and Subban. Gilbert is a bum and Emelin is still recovering from his knee.

The defense is much improved from last year.

Assuming Price is good again our issue will scoring not defending. Gilbert/Beaulieu should help in that department.

NB is also a year older with some good playoff experience. Weaver is a solid #6 guy who can play a lot on the pk.

Upfront I think our bottom two lines are very solid.

Notes from Elliotte Friedman:

17. P.K. Subban, asked who will do the talking in big, emotional moments now that Brian Gionta is gone: "I think we look for people to do, rather than say. I mean, I'm a firm believer that usually when you're talking in those kinds of moments, most guys aren't really even listening…I encourage my teammates to go out there and do, lead by example. Do your talking on the ice, that's what we need…That's the person I want to follow."

18. Carey Price had an even better line. "The old saying is, 'Talk is cheap and it takes money to buy whiskey,'" he smiled. "It's true."

19. Price made a beautiful glove save last week off Duncan Keith. We loved it, he didn't. "I knew he was there, but he fumbled the puck a little and I overslid," Price said. Should've hit you in the chest? "Yup."

20. Through a friendship with Paul Coffey, Subban had the opportunity to spend some time during the summer with Wayne Gretzky. What did he learn from The Great One? "The interesting thing for me is the relationship that they still have with their teammates…You can still see that relationship between Paul and Wayne…I hope to have that same relationship with my teammates. We've started that."

21. Apparently, the Canadiens are very happy with Michael Condon, who becomes the number three goalie in the organization with Peter Budaj's trade. It's another reason why they were comfortable doing it.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-brodeur-wants-out-on-his-own-terms/

I've never heard of anyone moving due to sales tax

LOL, the hockey wives have nothing to do but shop.

But seriously, there are people today that still doubt Gorges went to Buffalo to avoid playing for the Leafs, they still insist it was because of lower taxes.

And the zero sales tax in Alberta is not an incentive?

Last edited:
Back