• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Aves @ Leafs | 7:30PM TSN

I'm not so confident in that. They have some really good pieces that are on the upswing. MacKinnon looks like a star in the making. If Varlamov can play well, i don't see why they can't make the playoffs.

The team i'm most concerned about making the playoffs would be the Leafs. Thats a team where things can go either which way.

Colorado has great young pieces. But they are terrible defensively and overachieved last season. It'll be the classic come back down to earth after having success earlier than expected.

Great future. But imo, they'll take a step back before going forward.

LOL. Carlyle being Carlyle. What does this accomplish exactly? We're now sitting a 24 year old defenseman that we just signed to a long term deal. Are they letting Carlyle dig his own grave? Or was it a miscalculation on their part for giving Gardiner the contract.

Has Percy been that much better than Gardiner? Points aside, Percy hasn't been exactly mistake-free. Percy wouldn't necessarily be the one i sit, just maybe he has a longer leash than Gardiner.

I remember back in the summer Carlyle made comments about a certain defender thinking he's "Drew Doughty". Maybe Gardiner is in the dog house. I'm not sure how sitting him after giving him a long term extension is helping him or the team. Someone needs to sit, Gardiner wouldn't be my choice. In any case, Carlyle needs to go.

At least he's not sitting Gardiner for total crap like Fraser/Ranger or whoever. You could make a good case for everyone who's in tonight.

Gardiner deserved to sit. He was the worst of the 6 the first two games. Its the meritocracy everyone wanted.

He'll get back in though.

Has Percy been that much better than Gardiner? Points aside, Percy hasn't been exactly mistake-free. Percy wouldn't necessarily be the one i sit, just maybe he has a longer leash than Gardiner.

I remember back in the summer Carlyle made comments about a certain defender thinking he's "Drew Doughty". Maybe Gardiner is in the dog house. I'm not sure how sitting him after giving him a long term extension is helping him or the team. Someone needs to sit, Gardiner wouldn't be my choice. In any case, Carlyle needs to go.

Percy's first year so he should be given some room for mistakes..He also hasn't made as many mistakes as Gardiner and has contributed offensively so there's that. If Gardiner isn't your choice to sit then who? Everyone else is playing better.

Gardiner deserved to sit. He was the worst of the 6 the first two games. Its the meritocracy everyone wanted.

He'll get back in though.

Yup, there's just no winning with some people. Gardiner even said himself he knows he needs to play better.

This is a great problem to have, young depth on the blueline. Most NHL teams would love to have this problem.

Back