• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Aves @ Leafs | 7:30PM TSN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUs8KaWZKIc

I'm at work so I can't check it but apparently it's at 7:50 of this video. Maybe someone can make it into a gif.

6tYobGA.gif

Anyone else see some Kaberle in Percy? The calmnes under pressure and excellent outlet pass?

Yes, but doesn't skate with the puck like Kabs did...which is a lot of what made in prime Kabs special. With that said though, Percy seems to have a better head for the defensive side of the puck, and definitely more willing to engage physically.

Yes, but doesn't skate with the puck like Kabs did...which is a lot of what made in prime Kabs special. With that said though, Percy seems to have a better head for the defensive side of the puck, and definitely more willing to engage physically.

Oh yeah, he's not Kaberle. I always loved how Kaberle always played so composed right frfom the get-go and I see a lot of that in Percy.

Oh yeah, he's not Kaberle. I always loved how Kaberle always played so composed right frfom the get-go and I see a lot of that in Percy.
Not skating wih the puck like Kabby might not be a bad thing either. Kabby's problem in the latter part of his career, is he slows down the transition with his usual 'skate with the puck on a string' through the netural zone, while the forecheckers have to wait or curl back at the blueline. Being able to fire a quick first pass would be just as good imo.

What's impressed me the most about Percy is his high panic threshold and his ability to stick handle out of trouble even when pressured.

In a PP in the 3rd in the Aves game, puck came back to Percy at the blueline with PK F right in his face, and he was confident and skilled enough to stick handle and side-step the F. A dman like Phaneuf would have fired the puck along the side board before the F gets to him. End result is Percy made the better play, but it is also a higher risk play, where if he can't manage to side step the F, as the last man back the F would get away on a clear breakaway.

even the leafs coming off the bench towards Phil look similar... they just need some more slightly off timed both arms pumping in the air.

Would have loved to have seen this.

[video=youtube;rRnE4lnqRXc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRnE4lnqRXc[/video]

Back