• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Aves @ Leafs | 7:30PM TSN

Leafs took full advantage of a team with tired legs in a back-to-back situation and really carried the play, especially late in the game.

that was the third game in four nights for the leafs, and the avs previous game was an afternoon game.

Just saw the game again. Not as good as i initially thought(did miss about 10 mins last night). We gave up lower amount of shots but there was at least 5-6 very good scoring chances that on another night could have been goals. We had our own good shots as well but still i don't like the fact we were way too sloppy. At least the effort was there and we saw a lot of good hits but yea we still have to be even better. Glad Reimer had another solid game..Thought he'd never return to his old form.

5 or 6 quality scoring chances allowed is good, not bad.

If you're happy i'm happy zeke but when i say quality chances i'm talking about 100% chance that either Reims made a very good save or the guy barely missed while shooting right from the slot..We should be cleaning those up. I'd rather allow 30+ shots from bad angles.

near impossible not to allow at least 5 quality chances in a game, especially against a good NHL offense.

near impossible not to allow at least 5 quality chances in a game, especially against a good NHL offense.

Yeah they seemed to get away from our d and forwards using their speed and some nifty turns during board play. Some of the guys(especially on our 1st line) keep missing their assignments and not taking anyone. Maybe a slower, less skilled team against us wouldn't have done that so you have a point there.

no, even a less skilled team will still muster up 5 or 6 good chances in any game. And that'll be a bad game for them.

If the Leafs were only able to muster 5 or 6 good chances that would be an awful game for us.

FrighteningTemptingGrizzlybear.gif

That hit changed the game. After that, the entire team's energy went way up, and half the team started hitting everything in sight. It indirectly led to a goal too, I think. About 30 seconds later, when Daniel Winnik came charging in straight at the Colorado defender at full speed, the guy crapped his pants and flipped the puck straight to Lupul for the tying goal.

THAT's the kind of toughness you want, not a couple of lumbering punchers on the fourth line.

EDIT: also, I was more than mildly annoyed that Ray Ferraro and Gord Miller kept talking for the rest of the game about the great hit Clarkson laid on Hejda. idiots.

There were a number of good hits along the boards in the few minutes before that I thought.

The next play from last night's game that I'm dying to see in GIF form is where we were under heavy pressure in our zone, and Percy grabbed the puck, calmly danced through Duchene and another Colorado player in our corner, then fired the puck up the ice to a full-speed Phil Kessel for a partial break-away.

There were a number of good hits along the boards in the few minutes before that I thought.
Yeah, Clarkson and Santorelli threw some good hits that same shift before the big Komarov one. But the Komarov hit is the one that really seemed to pump some energy into the building.

Leo's hits seem to be more solid... if you watch the player after the hits, they all seem to grimmace a little different.

The next play from last night's game that I'm dying to see in GIF form is where we were under heavy pressure in our zone, and Percy grabbed the puck, calmly danced through Duchene and another Colorado player in our corner, then fired the puck up the ice to a full-speed Phil Kessel for a partial break-away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUs8KaWZKIc

I'm at work so I can't check it but apparently it's at 7:50 of this video. Maybe someone can make it into a gif.

Leafs took full advantage of a team with tired legs in a back-to-back situation and really carried the play, especially late in the game.

Not this tired old excuse again. Let me guess, the NHL schedule helps the Leafs take advantage like this all season long, right?

There were lots of good hits in that game. Phaneuf had some nice ones too.

But Komarov has been FAR more noticeable and impactful this go round than last time. Before you'd see some annoyance and anger, but now you see trainwrecks in his wake.

Back