• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 6 : Colorado vs. Canadiens : Oct. 18th, 2014

Spider-Man NL

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

extralarge.png
VS2_zps5e9e1f25.gif
Mtlextralarge_zpsf545298b.png

2014-15 Regular Season Record:

large.png

1-3-1 : 3 Points
(6th Place in the Central Division)

Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

4-1-0 : 8 Points
(1st Place in the Atlantic Division)

Projected Goalies For This Game Are:

Colorado

PicardMaskAvs_zpsa34adfdf.jpg

#31 Calvin Pickard
GPI: 1
Wins: 0
Loses: 1
OTL: 0
SO: 0
GAA: 4.24
Save%: .852

Montréal

PriceMask2013_zps68c89ab8.jpg

#31 Carey Price
GPI: 4
Wins: 3
Loses: 1
OTL: 0
SO: 0
GAA: 3.75
Save%: .874

Avalanche Player Roster
Link

Canadiens Player Roster
Link

canadiens_lines.jpg

forwards.gif

(27)Alex Galchenyuk - (14)Tomas Plekanec - (11)Brendan Gallagher
(67)Max Pacioretty - (51)David Desharnais - (15)P.A. Parenteau
(2)Jiri Sekac - (81)Lars Eller - (17)Rene Bourque
(22)Dale Weise - (20)Manny Malhotra - (8)Brandon Prust

defencemen.gif

(74)Alexei Emelin - (76)P.K. Subban
(79)Andrei Markov - (77)Tom Gilbert
(28)Nathan Beaulieu - (43)Mike Weaver

goalies.gif

(31)Carey Price
(35)Dustin Tokarski

Meetings Last Season:

Nov. 2nd, 2013:
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png
large.png

Mar. 18th, 2014:
large.png
Mtllarge_zps1604351c.png

Former Canadiens Now Playing For The Avalanche

(40)Alex Tanguay
(48)Daniel Briere

Former Avalanche Now Playing For The Canadiens

(15)PA Parenteau

652bead0-ecf0-11e3-8641-f1edcdb00358_Screen-Shot-2014-06-05-at-1-26-32-PM_zpsd1725294.png

Emelin74Avs_zps01bbc606.jpg

MoenWeiseAvs_zps7fb45a41.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:00 pm eastern on;
TVA2_zps8d018cbf.gif
City_zps07c8e95e.gif
&
Altitude.jpg

Listen to the game live at 7:00 pm on TSN Radio 690 AM
TSN_Radio_Montreal_LIVE_430x100_v01.jpg

HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif
HabsLine_zps3788986b.gif

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020064

Avalanche goaltending in flux vs. Canadiens

By Brian Hunter

AVALANCHE (1-3-1) at CANADIENS (4-1-0)

TV: TVA SPORTS, CITY, ALT

Season series: The Colorado Avalanche and Montreal Canadiens split two games in 2013-14, each winning on home ice. Avalanche coach Patrick Roy, who led the Canadiens to their most recent Stanley Cup titles in 1986 and 1993, was dealt a 6-3 loss on March 18 in his return to Montreal. Nathan MacKinnon scored a goal in each game for Colorado.

Avalanche team scope: Roy isn't expected to strap on the pads Saturday, but the goaltending situation in Colorado suddenly has become a tenuous one. Starter Semyon Varlamov was placed on injured reserve Thursday with a groin issue, and that same day backup Reto Berra was knocked from a game against the Ottawa Senators at 2:46 of the first period after a goalmouth collision. Calvin Pickard, in his NHL debut, ended up playing most of the 5-3 loss; Sami Aittokallio was recalled from Lake Erie of the American Hockey League on Friday. Berra sustained a neck injury, according to the Denver Post. He didn't practice Friday and is questionable to play Saturday. If he can't go, Roy said Pickard will make his first NHL start.

Canadiens team scope: Carey Price will start in goal Saturday, coach Michel Therrien said Friday. In four career games against Colorado he's 1-2-1 with a 3.47 goals-against average and .872 save percentage. Price has won three of four games this season, but carries a 3.75 GAA and .874 save percentage. Defenseman Andrei Markov was absent from practice Friday because of a maintenance day; Nathan Beaulieu took his place. This game will be the first time forward Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau will play his former teammates; the Avalanche traded him to Montreal during the summer for Daniel Briere. "It doesn't really matter for me," Parenteau said in a video posted on the Canadiens website. "I turned the page a couple months ago when I got traded. It's a new chapter for me in my life. … I want to move forward. I'm a Hab now."

Luc Gelinas
Michel Therrien va utiliser la même formation ce soir face à l'Avalanche. Donc, Weise et Beaulieu seront laissés de côté. #CH #RDS

Is this where the Habs make another no name goalie look like the Georges Vezina incarnate or is this version ready to break that mold?

Price numbers, aside from the all important wins, are really, really ugly. Thank goodness for run support.

Is this where the Habs make another no name goalie look like the Georges Vezina incarnate or is this version ready to break that mold?

Price numbers, aside from the all important wins, are really, really ugly. Thank goodness for run support.

We can win without relying on our goalie. I think that may be a good thing.

We can't keep falling behind 2-3 goals and expect it though. I do like the confidence they have that they can come back though.

As you said a few years back, only wins matter.

Renaud Lavoie
Exceptionally Stephane Waite met with the Canadiens players before the gameto talk about what to do vs Calvin Pickard

Back