• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs at Islanders -- Tuesday, 7 pm

Wow they are playing like the game is over already. Shitty passes guys skating away from the puck. Ffs

Good thing Bernier was sharp in the third or that could have been a bit too interesting.

Pretty good game from the Leafs, but nothing great. Hopefully, Reimer does his magic against the little doggies tomorrow.

now that third is why they use 5v5 CLOSE.

big win to even up the record.

win tommorrow and we're back at a playoff pace (92pts).....but this time with good corsi.

Anyone concerned about Kadri's play since the 4 or 5 game mark? Ever since he got benched in that first Detroit game, he's looked pretty bad.

I'm glad the leafs won but it was typical with relying heavily on bernier and the 1st line to carry us through. Thay 2nd line needs to show up in terms of effort, puck possession and goals.. I am not liking what I am seeing from them so far, they need to pick it up.

Loved what I saw from franson, kept it simple and blocked a lot of islanders players with his body, epic hit he laid on Tavares too.

Anyone concerned about Kadri's play since the 4 or 5 game mark? Ever since he got benched in that first Detroit game, he's looked pretty bad.

I am a little, especially when he says he wants to be in the same breathe as Tavares. Komarov has 5 assists, Kadri 0.

I'm glad the leafs won but it was typical with relying heavily on bernier and the 1st line to carry us through. Thay 2nd line needs to show up in terms of effort, puck possession and goals.. I am not liking what I am seeing from them so far, they need to pick it up.

Loved what I saw from franson, kept it simple and blocked a lot of islanders players with his body, epic hit he laid on Tavares too.

Bernier needed to be sharp in the 3rd...shots were 23-19 Leafs through 2...Tonight the 3rd line carried us, Polak, Santorelli, Clarkson, Komarov all had big games.

Yea, he stoned them several times, that was a game changing stick save he made. Too bad that Clarkson goal didn't count tho, he deserved that goal.

I am a little, especially when he says he wants to be in the same breathe as Tavares. Komarov has 5 assists, Kadri 0.

I'm beginning to tire a bit of his yapping to the media and not doing shit on the ice. He looked great in the first 4-5 games and has been at best invisible since. He was going to work on consistency this season. Not a great start.

Of course, I think he and Carlyle have horrid chemistry and that this guy more than any other would benefit greatly from a coaching change. It's encouraging that we now have his former junior GM in the senior ranks. Might know the solution.

Pretty good game all around. Bernier was soft on the first goal, but settled down after that, and made some big saves in the third. The third line continues to be awesome, and Clarkson is starting to earn at least a large portion of his salary, really pleased with his play thus far.

Winnik and Komarov are huge additions to the PK, just really smart players, both with reasonable puck skills, both can throw the body. Really love them both, and Santo as mentioned too is really solid.

4th line had a better game tonight I thought, although Panik still looks pretty poopy generally. Franson's gonna Franson, but Robidas looked solid and I'm really liking what Polak brings to the table.

Wilted a little bit to start the third but recovered nicely to close it out. First line had one of their better games too, and good stuff in the faceoff circle. Not sure who was charged with shutting down Tavares but barely noticed him out there so another solid showing by I'm guessing Phaneuf.

The panic in the GDT in the first period though... just wow, y'all gotta relax a bit.

Back