• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Game 7 - Wings vs Habs

I don't know what game you were watching but Detroit is a pretty fast team. They had our D backing up a lot last night.

Yes....that's the point of my post: don't play slow guys like Moen against fast teams.....

And by the way, we outskated them in the third big time....we were faster than them and first on the puck in the third

the funny thing is how much people debate the last forward or d-man on the roster any given night -- it's always been the coach's discretion/hunch.

It's not the fact a 4th liner won't impact the game...we all know it's useless to argue our last forward because he won't impact the result of a game.

It's the fact that you don't send a great message to our youth fighting for a roster spot, if they are working hard to play, and the coach throws in a guy who clearly is slowing his linemates down and doesn't deserve to play over guys like Weise/Bourny for example.

Listen, we are 6-1.....no point in complaining. But I'd like to think that if guys like Prust or Moen are sucking, then they will get benched because we now have enough depth to afford benching these so-called ''leaders'' in the room.

Same with Bourque and Eller....the top 2 lines are carrying this team.....some on the french radio said that the bottom 2 lines were -26......wow....we won't keep winning if this trend continues. We need to make adjustements while we are winning, and while everyone is happy.

It's not the fact a 4th liner won't impact the game...we all know it's useless to argue our last forward because he won't impact the result of a game.

It's the fact that you don't send a great message to our youth fighting for a roster spot, if they are working hard to play, and the coach throws in a guy who clearly is slowing his linemates down and doesn't deserve to play over guys like Weise/Bourny for example.

Sorry, but how is that a "fact". I think MT deserves the benefit of the doubt when it comes to handling the team's young ones. He found spots for Chuckie, Gallagher, Bournival way before internet experts chimed in.

Sekacs didn't follow instructions so he'll sit. I remember Eller being a healthy scratch not too long ago. The roster is even better now, so not everyone will get to play. Ice time has to be earned.

The old adage also applies: it's hard to trade a player that isn't playing.

yep. another benefit of playing Moen -- he gets to maintain whatever "value" he has. Who knows? Maybe MT/MB like having him around as insurance. If not, he'll probably be traded as soon as another team hits an injury bug and go looking for a seasoned bottom depth player.

Moen has zero value, it makes no difference if he sits or plays with regards to his value.

I really believe Therrien knows what he gets with Moen and feels comfortable with him if no one is really standing out like Wiese did last playoff run to push Moen out of the lineup.

Moen has zero value, it makes no difference if he sits or plays with regards to his value.

I really believe Therrien knows what he gets with Moen and feels comfortable with him if no one is really standing out like Wiese did last playoff run to push Moen out of the lineup.

I thought Danny B had no trade value as well. You just never know

Yeah, I gotta go buy a Roku or something like that so I don't have to hook up the laptop.

Game Centre is great if you can watch the games live. Sadly i need to record it and it doesn't do that. If you miss the game you have to wait 2 days before it becomes available. That was a deal breaker for me, otherwise it's much better than centre ice.

There was a basbeall player named Lonnie Smith who it seemed was in the playoffs every year in the mid/late 80's into the 90's - once u win u'r value grows exponentially, teams want proven veteran winners especially those that don't take up much place in the dressing room.

Moen is the only player on the present roster to have won a Cup - and he played a key role in the Ducks championship (PK).

There was a basbeall player named Lonnie Smith who it seemed was in the playoffs every year in the mid/late 80's into the 90's - once u win u'r value grows exponentially, teams want proven veteran winners especially those that don't take up much place in the dressing room.

Moen is the only player on the present roster to have won a Cup - and he played a key role in the Ducks championship (PK).

But not at $1.8M for 2 years.

But not at $1.8M for 2 years.

IMO non cap playoff teams like the Isles or Preds could bite..

The Isles will be interesting to watch, Snow is fighting for his job with new ownership coming in, how much of the future (which may not include him) will he sacrifice this year?

Game Centre is great if you can watch the games live. Sadly i need to record it and it doesn't do that. If you miss the game you have to wait 2 days before it becomes available. That was a deal breaker for me, otherwise it's much better than centre ice.

Have not ran into that.

Have not ran into that.

Sometimes I get home late, around 8pm, and by that time the game is over so I can't watch it. If I get home while the game is playing then I can start watching it from the beginning.

I ended up watching most of the games from work last year but it's a bit counter productive.

Oh that seems like a terrible way to do it.

When it is not free (ie: in the new year) I will get centre ice.

You have Game Center free for the rest of the year???

Rogers (your Verizon) is offering it for free until then.

As for the non-record feature, that really seems like a mind-boggling limitation.

My NFL GamePass let's me watch the broadcast version whenever I want. A few hours after the game, they even have a condensed version available.

Rogers (your Verizon) is offering it for free until then.

As for the non-record feature, that really seems like a mind-boggling limitation.

My NFL GamePass let's me watch the broadcast version whenever I want. A few hours after the game, they even have a condensed version available.

I could see the other way around....after 48 hours you cant watch it anymore.

Back