• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shooter on Parliament Hill

corksens

Legend
This is likely worthy of it's own thread - active shooter on parliament hill.

Two people shot as of now. Still on loose.

Re: Active Shooter on Parliament Hill

I dunno, that incident in Quebec doesn't really concern me a whole lot, to be honest. If the best plan our homegrown terrorists can come up with when they can no longer go overseas to join ISIS is to hop in their car, hit a couple of people with it and then be almost immediately killed by police, I think we're in good shape. Though, of course it is a tragedy that one of the soldiers he hit died.

This is a lot more concerning, but I wouldn't immediately jump to the ISIS conclusion.

Supposedly the shootings have taken place at the war memorial area on parliament hill, not inside the building.

I dunno, that incident in Quebec doesn't really concern me a whole lot, to be honest. If the best plan our homegrown terrorists can come up with when they can no longer go overseas to join ISIS is to hop in their car, hit a couple of people with it and then be almost immediately killed by police, I think we're in good shape. Though, of course it is a tragedy that one of the soldiers he hit died.

This is a lot more concerning, but I wouldn't immediately jump to the ISIS conclusion.
I think it's fair to theorize in that direction given that ISIS has been calling on lone attacks for the past two months.

I think it's fair to theorize in that direction given that ISIS has been calling on lone attacks for the past two months.

And that they have 90 members already in Canada who have trained in Syria... Makes it plausible for sure.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's not a fair conclusion to jump to.

I'm just saying it's not the conclusion I'm jumping to.

How is Obama at fault this time, Canada could have said no to air strikes but didn't, if you want to lay blame look at Harper.

Bill Curry @curryb
Police tell me shooter still on the loose as of 10:42 am

It's a fair conclusion to draw since the Canadian government is, after all, bombing these people.

Tim Harper @nutgraf1
Liberal Mp John McKay: "the guy was walking down the Hall of Honour with a rifle." McKay says he heard about 10 shots. #cdnpoli

Back