• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shooter on Parliament Hill

Re: Active Shooter on Parliament Hill

I hope we see some quality work finding at least some of these other radicals that are believed to be in Canada. I'd like to get them all, but at least I hope we get a little American for once...our safety above their rights.

I hope we see some quality work finding at least some of these other radicals that are believed to be in Canada. I'd like to get them all, but at least I hope we get a little American for once...our safety above their rights.
With all due respect...**** that.

Not sure how accurate but...

"Zehaf-Bibeau, who had a criminal history for drug trafficking in Montreal and robbery in Vancouver, was born in Quebec as Michael Joseph Hall but recently converted to Islam, CBS reported.

Sources told the Globe and Mail that he had been designated 'high-risk traveler' and government had seized his passport"

Seems true.

Problem is telling the difference between us and them. So it could be you or me that loses our rights.

That my friend, is a slippery goddamn slope. Dont even go there.

Problem is telling the difference between us and them. So it could be you or me that loses our rights.

I'm talking about things like the way the guy that ran over those men had been questioned by police, but they couldn't hold him...and it sounds like they knew he was bad news. I'm talking about people that came over here to cause shit, we kind of know it, but we're too nice to do anything.

That kind of thing.

To be even clearer, I'm talking about people using our lax policies to come here specifically to cause shit and we let them into the country.

To be even clearer, I'm talking about people using our lax policies to come here specifically to cause shit and we let them into the country.

Seems odd to make this statement when both of the people who committed the past two crimes were Canadian born and raised.

Seems odd to make this statement when both of the people who committed the past two crimes were Canadian born and raised.

It's all wrapped up into one big ball of frustration HP. I feel like we are at war and maybe we should start acting like it.

And I'm sure the fact that my son is in Ottawa right now gets my parental blood boiling a little easier than usual.

It's all wrapped up into one big ball of frustration HP. I feel like we are at war and maybe we should start acting like it.

I understand and agree.... but we definitely have to make sure we don't lose track of what makes Canada (and most Western countries) great. If we start locking people up for looking suspicious and not going through due process we are (to use an overused cliche) going down a very slippery slope that I want no part of.

the fact you wrote that means the terrorists have won

I hope we see some quality work finding at least some of these other radicals that are believed to be in Canada. I'd like to get them all, but at least I hope we get a little American for once...our safety above their rights.[/QUOTE]

the fact you wrote that means the terrorists have won

Looks to me like Pronger has won.

Lol, I seriously don't care how bad it sounds, I just want bad guys to be dealt with and I don't want the law to be their friend.

Because my wife works with the cops I get all the stories about the ****ed up way people get away with things, and it's appalling.

What the hell makes Canadian citizen, Mike Hall, change his name to Mike Zehaf-Bibeau and convert to Islam anyway?

Seems crazy it's so easy to talk Canadians into attacking their own country.

What the hell makes Canadian citizen, Mike Hall, change his name to Mike Zehaf-Bibeau and convert to Islam anyway?

Seems crazy it's so easy to talk Canadians into attacking their own country.
I don't think it's easy Hl, unless the individual is flawed in some way. It does raise a good point though...how is this being done exactly?

I don't think it's easy Hl, unless the individual is flawed in some way. It does raise a good point though...how is this being done exactly?

true and no matter what we do, we cannot stop someone from going that way

the homegrown guys are worse than the "foreign" ones because there really is not much we can do about them, can't deny them entry, deport them etc

Maybe we just need to check out the next Team Canada hockey game and arrest all that are not cheering for us because that alone shows mental instability ;)

Back