• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT BOS @ TOR - Kessel is BigZ-Free

Jeez, it's like when the Leafs are losing half the members of this board lose the ability to pay attention to what they're seeing. ME is right, the Leafs put in a good showing before the Krejci goal and even most of the way through the first two periods. Aside from fluky goal #1 and a dumbo Franson pinch, the game was very, very even. The Leafs were doing a better job breaking through the Bruins trap. Then Gardiner's brainfarts happened and they packed it in during the third, which is definitely troubling.

To me its not even that the Leafs lost, its HOW they lost the game, It was a disgusting all-around effort from this team tonight, on a night against a rival team, on their home soil and after just honoring the two fallsen soldiers this team comes out with a puke worthy effort from top to bottom.

Pretty much all game save for the 2nd half of the 3rd period the forwards were standing aroound cheating and not moving their legs which caused a lot of turnovers, not to mention all the puck battles they lost in the rorners and just lackustre offense when they did get the puck.

This IS the same core that chokes bad when it matters the most, and I really think its time to look at moving out some key pieces both upfront and on the blueline... I'm not saying tank but its time to cut our losses with this core, realize they will never step up and do anything good, move them for some assets and fix this team the right way.

we had that chance but Nonis decided go different path

Chris Johnston @reporterchris · 14m 14 minutes ago
It's more than 10 minutes after that #leafs loss and the dressing room is still closed.

Chris Johnston @reporterchris · 14m 14 minutes ago
It's more than 10 minutes after that #leafs loss and the dressing room is still closed.

Instead of yelling, perhaps Randy should consider adjusting in game strategies to more effectively combat a trapping club? It's bad enough that we came into this game with a break out format that doesn't work against the trap, we kept using it.

David Alter ‏@dalter 14m14 minutes ago
Players held a meeting with themselves shortly after Carlyle delivered his post-game message. #leafs

Not firing Carlyle has got to be one of the most baffling moves Toronto has made since the Ballard era. Truly baffling. The players have completely tuned him out and his attempts to regain their attention have been disastrous.

I think we've won around 5 of our last 20 games going back to last season.

Carlyle and Nonis should have been fired long ago.

No point in firing him until Babcock's contract expires. Also reduces the compensation, I imagine.

Sorry but I gotta disagree here, there is many reasons for firing Carlyle! We shouldn't be waiting on a "what if" when it comes to Babcock, there is NO gurantee he signs here so we shouldn't be assuming he does, the Leafs need to fix things now not later.

They can always appoint Spott as interim coach if they fire Randy for the remainder of the season... if (big if) Babcock signs here then Spott goes back to being the assitant, if not he remains on BUT we can't put all our eggs in one basket where Babcock is concerned.

This team is just too soft. Soft in the head, soft hearts, and soft on the body.

Dare I say, they need some truculence!

That said, get Carlyle the **** out of this town. Outside of the 12-13 shortened season, they've sucked under is guidance. Get us a coach that has a clue, please!

I think this is rock bottom for the leafs, losing tonight badly in front of a sold out crowd and emotional pregime ceremony is an all time low for the leafs... I expect some changes coming soon, I think carlyles leash just got a lot tighter after tonight's embarrassing loss.

I think this is rock bottom for the leafs, losing tonight badly in front of a sold out crowd and emotional pregime ceremony is an all time low for the leafs... I expect some changes coming soon, I think carlyles leash just got a lot tighter after tonight's embarrassing loss.

Your age really shows in posts like this

Back