• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Looking for fantasy hockey advice

Davesworld23

Can anyone help me or direct me where to go or where to post please? I've been estranged from hockey for a number of years now and when my friends asked me to join his league I thought it was a chance to get back into it. I think I bombed my draft as I don't really know the players anymore. Would someone please help me?

Can anyone help me or direct me where to go or where to post please? I've been estranged from hockey for a number of years now and when my friends asked me to join his league I thought it was a chance to get back into it. I think I bombed my draft as I don't really know the players anymore. Would someone please help me?

Post your question or questions right here. I (and possibly others) would be happy to help you out.

I'm a fairly hardcore fantasy hockey player so I'm sure I could help you out.

Post your question or questions right here. I (and possibly others) would be happy to help you out.

I'm a fairly hardcore fantasy hockey player so I'm sure I could help you out.

Thanks Habs, this is a startup keeper league(4) 10 teams h2h style. We start 2C 2 RW 2LW 4 D Util 2G 4 Bench & 3IR
Off cats are G A +/- PIM PPP SOG
G cats W GAA SV SA SV% SHO
My team:
Tavares C Seguin C/RW Hall C/LW O'Reilly C/LW MacKinnon C/RW Okposo RW Marchand LW Stastny C Backstrom C Streit D Josi D McDonagh D(IR) Hedman D (IR) Voynov D Schneider G Luongo G Gibson G IR
Currently have a waiver claim I'm dropping Gibson & Voynov for Boychuk or Callahan Is there any other on my team I should cut?

Why are you dropping Gibson? He's on the IR so you shouldn't have to drop him. No? I like Gibson and he could get a real opportunity when he returns.

I like the idea of dropping Voynov for Boychuk though. In a 10 teamer I'm not too high on Callahan, O'Reilly or Stastny really unless they got hot.

It depends on who's available on the wire I suppose.

PS Convince the rest of your league that you need to dispose of the +/- category. It's a terrible real life stats and an even worse fantasy stat.

I sorted the waiver options by ownership% starting rank and current rank and these seem to be the best options available now..
Boychuk D, Edler D, Strallman D, franson D, Cam Ward G, Neuvirth G, Kadri C, Nelson C, Bozak C, B.Richarfs C/LW Dupuis LW/RW, Jokinen C/LW, Callahan RW

This team was drafted last night and from what I was told it has a lot of beginners in it, including me. Is there anyone I should look for that might have went undrafted or a guy on the verge of breaking out?

I sorted the waiver options by ownership% starting rank and current rank and these seem to be the best options available now..
Boychuk D, Edler D, Strallman D, franson D, Cam Ward G, Neuvirth G, Kadri C, Nelson C, Bozak C, B.Richarfs C/LW Dupuis LW/RW, Jokinen C/LW, Callahan RW

Of the guys on this list I'd probably make the Voynov for Boychuk swap only. Dupuis is back on the Crosby line so he could be ready to break out a bit. I'd drop O'Reilly for him perhaps. Dupuis is 35 so he's got no chance of being a keeper but I think as long as he's on the Crosby line he's probably a better option than O'Reilly.

This team was drafted last night and from what I was told it has a lot of beginners in it, including me. Is there anyone I should look for that might have went undrafted or a guy on the verge of breaking out?

Well like I mentioned, Dupuis is a guy I'd possibly target.

A couple young defencemen who have looked to be coming around are Aaron Ekblad who is an 18 year old that Florida drafted 1st overall this year. He's getting a real good opportunity there and is starting to produce. Justin Faulk in Carolina has been playing really well too.

Keep an eye on Kadri and if he starts producing a bit more he could be worth picking up.

I assume he's taken but if not Jori Lehtera is a guy I'd be adding.

That's brand new information. I wonder what happened there. He played last game and I don't believe he left with an injury.

No problem. Please feel free to post more questions about trades or add/drops. I and perhaps others are always happy to help out.

You have a really nice set of keepers with Tavares, Seguin, Hall and one of McKinnon, Backstrom or possibly Schneider. Once Hedman and McDonagh return your defense should be really strong too.

The guy who has Lehtera wants a decent D, who should I offer; Ekblad, Streit, Josi or Boychuk. I have McDonagh & Hedman due back soon.
Also these players were released immediately after the draft, anyone a bad drop? Landeskog LW semin LRW Lupul LRW Stepan C Mason G Chara D Zuccarella LRW Jagr RW or Khufobin G?

The guy who has Lehtera wants a decent D, who should I offer; Ekblad, Streit, Josi or Boychuk. I have McDonagh & Hedman due back soon.
Also these players were released immediately after the draft, anyone a bad drop? Landeskog LW semin LRW Lupul LRW Stepan C Mason G Chara D Zuccarella LRW Jagr RW or Khufobin G?

Maybe he'd take Josi for Lehtera but I doubt it. Worth offering it though.

Stepan might be worth adding and I'd keep and eye on Mason and Landeskog.

You were right, he isn't interested in Josi for Lehtera, do you think there is combination I can offer him and include a D? Maybe Marchand and Josi or someone else?

Yeah that's a terrible counter offer. I like Lehtera but the guy has proven it for all of what, 18 NHL games or so. You're probably better off picking up a guy like Stepan for free.

No problem. Too bad that Dupuis plan didn't work out. With him now being out for the season. Maybe try Beau Bennett. He could be getting a fair bit of time on Crosby or Malkin's line with Dupuis out.

And thanks, it was my idea and I had one of our resident Hab fans here (Habs4Life) make it. He's awesome at that type of stuff.

Back