• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Preds @ Leafs, 11/18/14, 7:30

Carlyle and Nonis already did more than enough prior to this season for just about any rational organization to sign their pink slips.

The person who should be taking the heat here for his cowardice and stupidity is Brendan Shanahan.

Can't say I disagree. I've only bitched about it all ****ing summer.

The plan is:

Lance Hornby ‏@sunhornby 16s16 seconds ago
Second/third line shake-up a bit Santorelli-Kadri-Komarov with Winnik-Holland-Clarkson.

don't forget:

Paul Hendrick @HennyTweets
No Frattin at skate might indicate that Booth is close. Likely means Frattin could be on waivers soon . #TMLtalk

Well, lupul was at full practice today.

i can't wait to see which guy Randy drops to the fourth line.

This heartless performance was obvious from the first puck drop last night with JVR-Bozak-Kessel immediately getting hemmed in their zone floating around looking lost, giving away an awesome scoring chance. It set the tone for the game. After a seemingly humiliating loss to the Sabres three days prior, Randy goes with his fetish line. It is absolutely no wonder that the rest of the team came out and followed suit.

The disturbing thing is that the management group has been watching this all season and supposedly has an advanced statistics wizard group among them. It is so painfully obvious that this line is an abortion of defensive play, but it continues to dominate forward ice time, night after night.

I find it very hard to believe that others in the coaching staff and management don't see this (among the many other glaring coaching related problems). So, it's either that they have no control over Randy or were already committed to having him run out the season no matter what (i.e., don't really give a shit about this season). It's incredibly damning of this management group that they not only extended this turd of a coach, but aren't willing to do anything about it now that it's blowing up in their faces.

We're left with the unsavoury prospect of cheering for the opposition in the hope that they will be forced to get rid of him.

It's too bad that if they don't care if this is a lost season... then we're not even likely to get a great pick out of it.

My bigger concern is what this does to the development of the young players in the organization. In my opinion, Randy is utterly toxic to this process. That is possibly the most damning aspect of them leaving this guy at the helm.

FFS...just back the Brinks truck into Gary Roberts driveway and hire him as the Attitude Coach. If that won't work...even Richard Simmons could help this group. :banghead:

Frattin was as useless as you could possible get; zero offensive ability for the top 6 and no defensive game for bottom six, at least D'Amigo can fulfill a 4th line role

Did Glen Healy really suggest the Leafs bench Kessel vs Tampa?

That'll help.

I'm not sure about benching Kessel. Phaneuf i would let sit in the press box. Advanced stats suck my ass.

Carlyle has been the easy one to blame this year to most, but after a game like this you see a lot of it has to do with personel. How do you come back with an effort like that after losing to the Buffalo Sabres AHL affiliate.

No point in getting rid of the coach when replacements are few and far between. Ride it out. If we flop, we get a top pick. If we make the playoffs, well, you make the playoffs. Either way you really get to see where this core is. This is the year to see where Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak, JVR, Kessel are in terms of leadership.

Back