• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Game 22 : Canadiens vs. Boston: Nov. 22th, 2014

XPOFAN

Until Spidey puts up the real one.

Habs will have to be on their A game tonight as I feel the Bruins will be looking to make a statement to avenge the two losses in Montreal. We should be able to beat them if we concentrate on hockey.

Re: Game 22 : Canadiens vs. Boston: Nov. 22th, 2014 - Temporary

Montreal wins 3-2....Sekac gets a goal. Gonchar an assist. Emelin gets 2 penalties, but Bruins won't convert.....Bruins score their usual lucking bounce off the board goal on Price, and the other one will be a deflection from the point.

Do you also want me to tell you what they will be having for their pre-game meal ?

Habs are in the Booins head. Habs win 3-2.

Montreal wins 3-2....Sekac gets a goal. Gonchar an assist. Emelin gets 2 penalties, but Bruins won't convert.....Bruins score their usual lucking bounce off the board goal on Price, and the other one will be a deflection from the point.

Do you also want me to tell you what they will be having for their pre-game meal ?

Please do.

Allen is paired with Weaver at the morning skate; Beaulieu-Gilbert is the fourth pairing.

If Boston doesn't get more than a 1-0 lead after one period then they are doomed and the game is ours.

I'm anticipating a stunning, quick 2-0 lead by the Habs, which leads to a Julien TO, which leads to someone on Boston trying to pick a fight with Weise who will further enrage Bruins fans by skating a way resulting in a Boston penalty where Subban will blast in the 3rd goal. Later in the game when we are up 5 or 6-0, Weise will fight Lucic, go nuts on him and win the fight. Habs win easily and the Bruins are left shaken to their core.

or

We win a tight one because of Carey's magic again.

Allen is paired with Weaver at the morning skate; Beaulieu-Gilbert is the fourth pairing.

MT knows Subban usually steps up for Boston games so having Allen and Weaver concentrate on defense is probably okay in this one... at least that is the sell job.

Renaud Lavoie
Possible the Canadiens will play with 7 D's tonight according to Michel Therrien

ghg3d.png

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020296

Canadiens have company as they prepare for Bruins

By Matt Kalman

CANADIENS (15-5-1) at BRUINS (13-8-0)

TV: NHLN-US, TVA SPORTS, SN, NESN

BOSTON -- A road trip to face the Boston Bruins brings with it plenty of hype for the Montreal Canadiens.

Their current trip to Boston, however, has a little added twist.

Prior to their morning skate at TD Garden on Saturday the Canadiens posed for a team picture along with the mothers and daughters who got to travel to Boston with their sons and other members of the Canadiens staff.

Last season the Canadiens took their fathers on a road trip.

"It is a different feeling. I can't say it's good or bad or any way, but it's a little bit different," Montreal forward Brendan Gallagher said. "I think everyone's on a little bit better behavior around their moms. They're always watching to make sure you're doing the right things. I know my mom's making sure I'm eating my vegetables. So it's a little bit different for me on the road. But it's fun to have them here."

Having family around before a big Atlantic Division game can present challenges, but the Canadiens aren't looking at the moms and daughters as a distraction.

"I think as a professional athlete, your job is to prepare regardless of the situation and the atmosphere; you have to be able to do your job," defenseman P.K. Subban said. "So I think more importantly it's a special day for us. It's a special trip to have your mom here. I don't know how many athletes get the opportunity to bring their mom on a road trip. For us it's something special. We got to do the fathers last year. So it's very special. I'm very happy to have my mom here and it says something about the organization, the Montreal Canadiens and what they're all about."

Defenseman Bryan Allen will make his Canadiens debut, according to coach Michel Therrien. Allen was acquired in a trade with the Anaheim Ducks for forward Rene Bourque on Thursday. Therrien knows what he wants Allen to do in his first game.

"Play his game. You know he's been in the League for a long time. We want him to defend, we want him to be physical, he's going to kill penalties," Therrien said. "It's going to take some time to get used to about the way we play, and this morning we had a short talk and we showed him the fundamentals about the way that we play regarding our structure. But we want him to be himself."

The Bruins, who won a seven-round shootout Friday on the road against the Columbus Blue Jackets, didn't have a morning skate.

Here are the projected lineups:

CANADIENS

Max Pacioretty – David Desharnais – Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau

Alex Galchenyuk – Tomas Plekanec – Brendan Gallagher

Brandon Prust – Lars Eller – Jiri Sekac

Manny Malhotra – Dale Weise

Andrei Markov – P.K. Subban

Alexei Emelin – Sergei Gonchar

Bryan Allen – Mike Weaver

Tom Gilbert

Carey Price

Dustin Tokarski

Scratched: Drayson Bowman, Nathan Beaulieu

Injured: Michael Bournival (shoulder)

BRUINS

Matt Fraser – Patrice Bergeron – Reilly Smith

Chris Kelly – Carl Soderberg – Loui Eriksson

Milan Lucic – Alexander Khokhlachev – Seth Griffith

Simon Gagne – Gregory Campbell – Daniel Paille

Dennis Seidenberg – Kevan Miller

Joe Morrow – Dougie Hamilton

Matt Bartkowski – Torey Krug

Tuukka Rask

Niklas Svedberg

Scratched: Zach Trotman

Injured: Zdeno Chara (knee), David Krejci (undisclosed), Brad Marchand (undisclosed), David Warsofsky (groin), Adam McQuaid (thumb)

Status update:
According to Therrien, the Canadiens will dress seven defensemen. Beaulieu was scratched for the win against the St. Louis Blues on Thursday. … Krejci and Marchand are day-to-day. Marchand skated Saturday morning.

Who's hot: Pacioretty had four goals and seven points in the past five games. … Bartkowski had been scratched seven straight games before playing the past two. He has three assists in those two games.

Renaud Lavoie
Bruins players didn't like Dalton Prout punch to Milan Lucic who didn't drop his glove. Lucic will be in warm-up and should play tonight

Back