• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Detroit @ Toronto (7:00 PM - CBC)

Mark Masters
6-2 BUF
"Get away from me"
#KesselGate
9-2 NSH
"F--k no"
Nonis speaks
5-2 TB
#SaluteGate
4-1 DET

Next? Day off #Halleluja

One thing I've liked is that they had a 90 min practice to address things and now they had two days of optional skates. And you can see randy was hesitant. But the athletes know what to do. And it seems to be working.

I've also been up north for the past four days at Kearney ( for all you Scarborough kids) with me grade 6 students so I don't know what the hell is going on with this salute gate but it sounds like the media is going loopy looking for shit to start. Sounds like the players are damned if they do and damned if they don't. But it may work as the players can turn this as an us against them rallying point

A two game winning streak and now there is complaining about I don't even know what.

Get used to it. The attitude towards this team is toxic on a lot of levels.

Since they opened the season 2-3-1, they're 9-5-1. A pace of 104 points and you would swear, by the reactions of people and the media, that they were a ****ing basement team chasing McDavid.

I'm actually upset they did not stick to their guns and not salute the fans again. The media won and it sends a bad message to them.

Play of the night was Kadri running over Kronwall. attaboy Naz.
It led directly to Komarov's goal, though Naz didn't get an assist.

I'm actually upset they did not stick to their guns and not salute the fans again. The media won and it sends a bad message to them.
I'll just be happy when it's no longer a topic of discussion.

I mean, the Leafs just bounced back from two of their worst games in years with tremendous back-to-back performances against two strong division rivals (that both happen to be ahead of us in the standings), and the media's and MLBJB's still mostly talking about this nonsense. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
When the Leafs win the actually play doesn't get talked about. It's much too positive and boring I guess.

Leafs are in a playoff spot and 2 to 3 points up on the team's behind us, despite that awful Nashville game. It inflated our GA that's all.

Leafs are in a playoff spot and 2 to 3 points up on the team's behind us, despite that awful Nashville game. It inflated our GA that's all.

If you did not look at the standings and just went by the feedback on this team, I don't think anyone would believe you,

James Mirtle ‏
Leafs now on pace for just shy of 94 points and have 16th best record in league at quarter-way point.

Have said this a few times, but Leafs record looks sustainable. 10 times more so than last year's at this point anyway. PDO is only 100.4.

When the Leafs win the actually play doesn't get talked about. It's much too positive and boring I guess.

There's no mention of salutegate on TMZsports...so I guess we're safe.

James Mirtle ‏
Leafs now on pace for just shy of 94 points and have 16th best record in league at quarter-way point.

Have said this a few times, but Leafs record looks sustainable. 10 times more so than last year's at this point anyway. PDO is only 100.4.

Kicker is, it's more than sustainable, it's actually a bit unkind. They've had a strong SOS and haven't received the type of goaltending you would expect overall.

Get used to it. The attitude towards this team is toxic on a lot of levels.

Since they opened the season 2-3-1, they're 9-5-1. A pace of 104 points and you would swear, by the reactions of people and the media, that they were a ****ing basement team chasing McDavid.

Given the multiple consecutive late season meltdowns, and 1967, I don't think anybody is overreacting here.
Some of the media may be, but they always do.

Given the multiple consecutive late season meltdowns, and 1967, I don't think anybody is overreacting here.
Some of the media may be, but they always do.

All of that stuff has 0 to do with the 2 games that some people were over reacting to.

Nah it's fair game to look back at 40+ years of futility and be slightly annoyed when things appear to not be improving. It's just as fair as the pollyanna side, imho. Plus in our case, an online message board is a pretty great venting tool.

Back