• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT canes at Tampa

dwind

Which team is in better shape after the Christmas feast?
Which team wants a win? They are at opposites ends of the spectrm. The canes are in a fast paced duel with the oil over last place and Tampa is gunning for first.
Will the canes be a spoiler and dash the dreams of all the tampaites tonight or will the mighty rise to the occasion and dump oil on the canes mighty wings?

So, for tonight's lines, (per Cane's Gameday Hub) at least to start:

E. Staal / Nash / Gerbe
Skinner / Rask / Lindholm
Terry / McClement / Dwyer
Woods / Malone / Boychuk

Staal to the LW slot, at least until they see how he's skating, per Peters post-practice. Field promotions for all the bottom-six centers in the house.

Other than that second (first?) line, most anything else happening will be a surprise.

Obviously missing J. Staal, Semin, and Tlusty...and it shows.

and we get him for another year!. /blech :couch

In other news we like 1 goal games!. In other other news we don't win many.

Last edited:
and we get him for another year!. /blech :couch

In other news we like 1 goal games!. In other other news we don't win many.

Was this the first signing of the Francis era? I guy who had alway split time between AHL and NHL that is on no one else's radar gets a two year/one way deal and brings, uh, nothing to the table--no grit, no fire, no shot, no speed, no nothing.

The canes are making it hard on the oil to tank.
The canes and oil should have a death match at the end of the season to see who gets first pick.

And the creaking oil is down 3-0 after 1 to the flames.
They should be investigated by the NHL.

And Harrison was +1 with 21+ minutes.

Last edited:
I forgot they even had a game. I've never cared less about Canes hockey than I do right now. I look here, the next day, to see if they had a game, won/lost, etc.

Brad Malone sucks (there is no nice way to describe how worthless he is).

I've often wondered if Brad Malone was a sympathy signing or if RF was blinded by his friend ship with Greg Malone and thought "gee, I should sign Greg's nephew." This was such a stealth signing that no one cared and no one has ever thought "steal!" The signing of Brad Malone was RF's first move as GM and our "move" during free agency.

Malone was a band-aid and everyone knew it. But I agree, he has been a total bust. We also know the situation going into this season was largely one of Rutherford's making - there wasn't much Ronnie could really do. We'll see if Ronnie can learn from his mistakes and make better picks going forward. I think his big move was hiring Peters and despite our poor record, I'm optimistic that he'll be a good coach for us in the long run.

Upped Sekera's and Ward's trade value while maintaining draft position.

Obviously, way too many personal offensive zone penalties, including a wtf careless high-sticking by Eric during the last three minutes. Sheesh.

Please stop this nonsense. He was playing terribly here and you know it. What he does somewhere else is completely irrelevant.

Imho what he is doing elsewhere is very relavent to what is going on in Carolina. But as per your wish I'll stop posting Harrison's stuff.

I don't have an issue with the update on Harrison's numbers-- but give him a month in Winnipeg and we'll see if those numbers do have relevance or if those numbers reflect a honeymoon period. Overall, I think Harrison is now playing for a playoff contender and the team is tight and cohesive. He's been inserted into a good situation where he can competently do his job. By comparison, Carolina is none of those things. But we'll see what those numbers look like in the next 4-6 weeks out west.

Imho what he is doing elsewhere is very relavent to what is going on in Carolina. But as per your wish I'll stop posting Harrison's stuff.

Very relevant eh? For a third pairing defenseman playing on a better team? So all you have to judge is plus/minus?

Bull. It means absolutely nothing unless you're determined to tell everybody the sky is falling. Which, by the way ... happened like 3 years ago.

Back