• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free ticket for Thurs game vs. Buffalo

Heard "The Rising" on the radio the other day and until the day I die, I will associate it with the 2006 run. Still get a chill up my spine when I hear it. Good times.

Free tickets are always great, and most people are appreciative of receiving them. But tickets to see the Sabres, is kinda like offering free dental drillings!

well I normally avoid Buffalo games but I don't mind one now and then.

I really wonder how much longer they will be able to support a team with the population dropping so fast. I also wonder how they support the Bills but I guess the NFL is a lot more popular than the NHL so they can probably hang on to the Bills longer.

They are the smallest NHL market - they are #50 in US. RDU is #34. (based on population)

Last edited:

I really wonder how much longer they will be able to support a team with the population dropping so fast. I also wonder how they support the Bills but I guess the NFL is a lot more popular than the NHL so they can probably hang on to the Bills longer.

They are the smallest NHL market - they are #50 in US. RDU is #34. (based on population)

Their attendance isn't down that much, only about 700 per night in the last 3 years. They're still drawing 95.5% capacity too.

That population count only includes Erie and Niagara counties, the U.S. portion of the Buffalo metropolitan area. About a third of the fans at most Sabres home games live in southern Ontario.

That population count only includes Erie and Niagara counties, the U.S. portion of the Buffalo metropolitan area. About a third of the fans at most Sabres home games live in southern Ontario.

That includes their former announcer (who may be returning?), Rick Jennerette.

Since we're asking questions, is there a song Lightning that is played during the game?
Thanks

Since we're asking questions, is there a song Lightning that is played during the game?
Thanks

I've heard them playing a Metallica song lately, but I don't think it's "Ride the Lightning". It doesn't say the word Lightning in the song either, I don't think. I believe it's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" they play.

Back