• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT- Blues @ Hurricanes 1/30-7:00

brassbonanza

Canes Moderator
Kirk Muller returns to PNC arena as a Blues assistant. The Canes are 7-2-1 in January, which qualifies as smoking hot by anyone's barometer. Khudobin in net, the winner of six straight games, and a GAA of 1.44. St Louis will be another tough test, as they are even hotter than the Canes this month, sporting a record of 8-1-1. Fox Sports South has the broadcast.

Blues played at home last night, beating Nashville in a shootout. After playing us, they head to Washington for 1pm game on Sunday. A trap game for them?

We've seen this play before. Canes come out flying in the first 10 minutes only to not score and then they're in a dog fight for the rest of the game. Should be entertaining hockey though.

I'm hoping we can continue to play as hard as we have all month, while in the back of my mind I'm waiting for the inevitable letdown. It seems like the last time we played the Blues it was a real physical game. Will the Canes match them in physical intensity?

After that opening freefall, they comported themselves very well. Played what NHL Network had as #1 on their power ranking list dead even to the shootout.

Good lesson for this training camp. Still working toward that 60-minute game.

Well done. I was entertained...well...you know...not at first...but from that first shot on, yes.

We've seen this play before. Canes come out flying in the first 10 minutes only to not score and then they're in a dog fight for the rest of the game. Should be entertaining hockey though.

Well I had this one bassackwards. Come out flat in the first 10 minutes and allow yourselves to be steamrolled by the team that played the night before. Go down by 2 early and claw yourselves back in it. But I got the entertaining part correct.

After that opening freefall, they comported themselves very well. Played what NHL Network had as #1 on their power ranking list dead even to the shootout.

Good lesson for this training camp. Still working toward that 60-minute game.

Well done. I was entertained...well...you know...not at first...but from that first shot on, yes.

+1. I was dreading sitting there in the stands after the wallopping we took in the first 4 minutes. But we got better as the game went on and played a better team to a standstill. I really like the feel that Bill Peters has for the game. His decision to pull Dobby sent a message to his team, while giving them a chance to recover. He's got hockey smarts.

I thought for sure a collapse was eminent given the first four minutes of play. Glad to see coach get the guys' attention quick-- pulled Khudobin and forced the reset. That being said, was very pleased to see the fight back factor versus a collapse-- speaks of confidence. Also glad that CWard was able to come out, challenge and play with confidence as well. That goaltending tandem is looking good-- still not sure I am ready for RF to retain CWard though. I was waiting for the epic collapse and never saw it. That battle back factor was nice to see.
Eric Staal is a better winger than a center. Staal brothers +1 is an awesome line and fun to watch. I am off the trade Staal podium. Finally, Skinner played with a lot of energy and he was frenetic, but it looked so erratic. Not sure what's up with him or his game

Pre-commercial teaser for our segment on NHL Tonight:

"...looking for back-to-back wins the Blues head to Raleigh looking to closeout Anton Khudobin and the suddenly red-hot Carolina Hurricanes!"

Feels good man.

Just read Luke DeCock's column-- not at all happy! Not with DeCock, but his statement:
The Hurricanes’ January has apparently convinced new general manager Ron Francis that the Hurricanes aren’t far from contending, the same song-and-dance that Jim Rutherford perpetrated for five postseason-free seasons in a row. Time will tell. In Francis’ partial defense, Bill Peters’ rigor has been impressive, and he has the Hurricanes playing a style that would make them successful if they had more talent.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2015/01...al-position-switch-creates.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Back