• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Who is winning the Vezina this year?

Altair

Just looking at discussion from around the league and it appears it's going to come down to Rinne or Price. While pekka stats are very similar to Carey, it could be argued that the Nashville defense is far superior to Montreals.

Looks like a tough one to call

Last edited:
You are right it is a tough one to call. Will depend on how they both do the rest of the way. If they are still very close, then it is anyone's guess

Rinne's ex-coach thinks Price is the best PLAYER in the NHL, let alone goalie....Just sayin ;)

:couch

It's definitely a two horse race. Price I think has the edge right now. With 25ish games remaining a lot can change.

I think the market Price is in makes him the favorite.

Rinne won't get as much campaigning in Nashville vs Montreal

And the fact people are not only talking Vezina but also Hart in Price's case makes him the leader so far

If Price doesn't take the Vezina he'll probably take the Hart which is hard for a goalie to win.

I think the market Price is in makes him the favorite.

Rinne won't get as much campaigning in Nashville vs Montreal

And the fact people are not only talking Vezina but also Hart in Price's case makes him the leader so far

The Vezina is voted on by GM's, not the media, so I don't thing that being in Nashville will hurt Rinne in any way. I think Rinne will win it.

And this may be hard to believe but because Nashville now plays an aggressive offensive game, Rinne actually faces more prime scoring chances than does Price, at least from the Nashville games that I've seen, and I've seen quite a few.

A tie goes to Price because of his star quality (Olympics, Habs, cool demeanour, good looks)

Even those Hab "fans" can't be blind enough to think Price shouldn't win if everything continues the way it's going.

But if he wins the Hart logioc should state that he's also the best goalie

You'd think, on the surface. But the way the awards are described it's definitely possible to win the Hart but not the Vezina.

Tampa being the highest scoring team in the league could have Bishop putting up better numbers than Price to win the Vezina, but he'd not necessarily be the most valuable player to his team.

The Vezina is voted on by GM's, not the media, so I don't thing that being in Nashville will hurt Rinne in any way. I think Rinne will win it.

And this may be hard to believe but because Nashville now plays an aggressive offensive game, Rinne actually faces more prime scoring chances than does Price, at least from the Nashville games that I've seen, and I've seen quite a few.

You watch a lot of games. Where do you find the time, what with a family and a busy practice?

Everyone on the planet will say that Price should win, except for a select group of Hab fans.

How many Preds games have you watched? I assume it's none since you don't follow the NHL except for the Canadiens. Anyway, Price and Rinne are on their own planet right now but if you think that Price is way ahead of Rinne you're nuts - you're nuts anyway but for other reasons.

Howe many Preds games have you watched? I assume it's none since you don't follow the NHL except for the Canadiens. Anyway, Price and Rinne are on their own planet right now but if you think that Price is way ahead of Rinne you're nuts - you're nuts anyway but for other reasons.

Yes, but he has played hockey...remember

Back