• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT-Flyers @ Canes 2/24- 7:00

What a sham for NBCSN to claim national broadcast rights and then just run the Flyer broadcast, in-game promotions and all. Call had the rhythm of a baseball game.

Loved the primary assists tonight, from Semin's cross-ice beauty (again) to Malone's reverse-flow centering pass to McClement coming down the pipeline.

Also, I sensed no let down at all. First true 60-minute game?

Congrats to Cam on game number 500.

Now the only remaining question is can the Canes squander a 10 point lead over Buffalo in the remaining 23 games.

The tandem calling the game were dry. Boring. Who knew that Keith Jones and his sidekick could make me wish for Tripp and JF.

Last edited:
The tandem calling the game were dry. Boring. Who knew that Keith Jones and his sidekick could make me wish for Tripp and JF.

That crew was awful. The worst I've heard for hockey. I'd rather hear one of those over-caffienated yo-yos from Tampa or Pittsburgh. Sounded like they were auditioning for The Masters. Amazing what a difference context makes. Keith Jones is way better with the national crew. And Tripp is way better on national TV even when he's still with Forslund.

You must not get NESN.

I've heard those guys. At least you know that they care about the game and want to be there. I got the feeling that the Philly guys were noodling on their smart phones all night and only occasionally looked up and remembered that they were supposed to be calling a game.

OK, the boys got Cam a win on his big night at home and on national TV. No need to worry BK they'll drop the next two against a team fighting for a wild card berth and one of the best teams overall with, hopefully, 2 less roster players in the lineup.

What a sham for NBCSN to claim national broadcast rights and then just run the Flyer broadcast, in-game promotions and all. Call had the rhythm of a baseball game.

NBCSN has done that with Sharks games too. The Sharks local broadcast rights are held by CSN California, so they're all part of the Comcast family.

Loved the primary assists tonight, from Semin's cross-ice beauty (again) to Malone's reverse-flow centering pass to McClement coming down the pipeline.

Also, I sensed no let down at all. First true 60-minute game?

As with the Islanders game, they moved folks down to the lower level. Unlike the Islanders game, I was at this one. It's been so long since I sat down there, I forgot how fast the game is. Unfortunately, Skinner and Staal scored at the other end, but the pass from Semin was unbelievable. He also had 7 SOG last night, including one that would have gone through the back of the net had Zepp not saved it, so maybe the corner has been turned? I don't think the Flyers had an answer for the Staals either.

That was by far Semin's best game this year. So add that to the dilemma facing Ronnie...is Semin capable of being a 50-60 point guy on this team in future seasons? Ronnie gave some GM speak on Semin a while back stating that the plan was to get him going again. Last night was a reminder/teaser that there is hockey ability there that pretty much doesn't exist in any other player in our organization.

Well put Semin on the Staal line already. Isn't this an extended pre-season?

Well put Semin on the Staal line already. Isn't this an extended pre-season?
In some ways i'm not sure that Lindy staying on that line is the best move, personally i think he's at least another year from really being at that level. But if semin moves back up to that line will he ever try to put the puck on net again? Guess its worth a try at this point, hell, anything is. I do sense that for whatever reason, Eric would likely be more comfortable seeing Semin fire a bunch of shots, as opposed to Jeffrey "JoJo Starbuck" Skinner.

What we should hope for with Semin on the Staal's line is that Jordan will feed Semin and light him back up.

The TV guys last night, in the 3rd, pretty much ignored the game call and spent most of the time in hockey chit-chat - their guys were pretty much out by then.

Staal-Staal-Semin
Skinner-Rask-Lindholm

Grey Beard Line and Kid Line

Gerbe-Nash-Nestrasil
Malone-McClement-Dwyer

Checking Line and Energy Line

Roll 'em and see what happens the rest of the way.

I'd rather just watch a game with decent broadcasters. My 2nd most hated NHL voice is Mclaughlin in Washington, he makes me miss Tripp when I sit through his calls!

Back