• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Trade Deadline Thread

Say the NY Rangers could use help with faceoffs, a contender...they can have Jay for a 3rd round pick or say, prospect Oscar Lindberg

Sounds like the Capitals are going all in-- obtained Gleason from the Hurricanes for a 4th round pick and just got Curtis Glencross from Calgary for Washington's 2nd and 3rd 2015 picks.

The Arizona Coyotes have traded defencemen Keith Yandle and Chris Summers to the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Anthony Duclair, defenceman John Moore, a first-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft and a second-round pick in the 2015 Draft. As part of the deal, the Coyotes are expected to retain half of Yandle's salary.

http://www.tsn.ca/1.219433

The Arizona Coyotes have traded defencemen Keith Yandle and Chris Summers to the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Anthony Duclair, defenceman John Moore, a first-round pick in the 2016 NHL Draft and a second-round pick in the 2015 Draft. As part of the deal, the Coyotes are expected to retain half of Yandle's salary.

http://www.tsn.ca/1.219433

I guess that salves the wound opened by missing out on Sekara. Yotes had to retain salary since the Rangers didn't have a lot of cap space. Summers is a warm body who will probably go straight to Hartford. He's 27 years old and has played all of 64 NHL games.

With the trade, the Rangers will be without a first rounder for 4 straight years, having traded the 2013 for Rich Nash, last year and this for St. Louis and next year for Yandle.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/h...tes-defenseman-keith-yandle-article-1.2133700

Basically on that Yandle trade the Yotes decided to make that trade a year earlier than necessary with Yandle having one more year on his contract. That of course helps the Rangers as they get Yandle for the rest of this year and all of next year (assuming they don't deal him at the deadline next year). On the flip side, the Yotes can get their mitts on Anthony Duclair for all of next season (if they don't decide to send him to the AHL next year). He played 18 games for the Rangers this year before being returned to his QMJHL team. Next year he can play in the AHL. Kid has some skills.

Lots of big deals in the days before the deadline. It will be interesting to see what goes down tomorrow. One would have to think the Leafs have more to do before tomorrow's deadline arrives.

Dallas trades Erik Cole and a 3rd round pick to Detroit for a 2nd round pick, dman Mattias Backman (5th round pick, 2011 playing in Sweden's top league) and center Mattas Janmark-Nylen (3rd round pick, 2013, also playing in Sweden's top league).

We haven't talked much about Erik Cole this year, but he's on a 24 goal pace this year.

Last edited:
James Sheppard from the Sharks to the Rangers for a 2016 4th round pick. Sheppard is basically a 4th line checking Center/Winger who doesn't kill penalties.

The Leafs surely have a few more cards to play before tomorrow afternoon! Doubtful Kessel or Dion get moved but they will peddle Lupol and Bozak hard. The Canes might want to consider young Koribian Holzer as an affordable defense option.

I saw two strange suggestions out there, one being that the Canes could be a potential suitor for Jordan Eberle, the other that we're also on the list interested in Tyler Bozak.

I saw two strange suggestions out there, one being that the Canes could be a potential suitor for Jordan Eberle, the other that we're also on the list interested in Tyler Bozak.

We've been linked to Bozak since forever. He was part of the rumored package for Staal.

Won't need em if we can draft the Strome brother... (assuming we can't get Hannafin or either of the first two picks)

Won't need em if we can draft the Strome brother... (assuming we can't get Hannafin or either of the first two picks)

Doubt the Canes can end up with him either if they continue the inspired (and surprising) recent play. The Canes are going to slot around 6th or 7th in the draft....which is enough to drop them out of the elite player they really need. The Canes have some good players but really need an elite talent to build around so I am hoping they get lucky in the draft lottery.

Nice trade by Tampa to get 2 - 2nd rounders for a guy they had sort of given up on as a bust. Will be interesting to see if Boston can do anything with him now that Florida is really breathing down their necks for the last playoff spot in the East. I know I am rooting for Florida to knock the Bs out.

The more of these deals I see go down the more I shake my head at the return for Tlusty. In some years it does not pay to wait till the deadline...this year it does...I'm sorry, but Tlusty is a better player than both Brett Connolly or Curtis Glencross...both of those guys provided a far better return than Tlusty. Francis could have waited on Tlusty for a better return.

With all the early deals, it could be a snoozer of a deadline day today. T minus 6 hours until it's over.

With all the early deals, it could be a snoozer of a deadline day today. T minus 6 hours until it's over.

Jeff Petry to the Habs for a 2nd and a conditional 5th that becomes a third rounder if the Habs win two playoff rounds. There are a few teams lurking in the weeds wanting to make some big deals...Toronto, Boston, San Jose...

Last edited:
Back