• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Jeff Petry from Oilers for two draft picks

If Habs wouldn't move people would say why we didn't and we didn't go after Petry( i don't talk about GG as he didn't like Petry even before trade) now Habs move people say why we did ! The reality is with Yandle off the book we have only Michalek as impact D left in market !So it wasn't like Habs had too many choices

Need to keep in mind, the insulated system the Habs play fits certain players - players like Petry benefit from such systems.

Do the Oilers even have a system?

Gilbert has been our 3rd best D after P.K and Markov in last month or so ..

I think that would go to Nate

Gilbert has been serviceable...I don't know much about Petry but I always hate getting players from bottom feeders but what choice do you have as they're the ones selling

Gilbert is 5th or 6th best D .If he wasn't a righty he would not be on the 2nd pairing.Emelin and maybe even Granmpa Gonchar are better

Need to keep in mind, the insulated system the Habs play fits certain players - players like Petry benefit from such systems.

Do the Oilers even have a system?

This is the only way I can see this working. If Petry plays the same way he did in Edmonton, this is a waste of draft picks. But who knows, maybe he gets out of that shithole and suddenly remembers how to play hockey again.

The guys on Sportnest have been saying that without a doubt Petry has been the #1 guy in Edm...ahead of Schultz and Ference.

But that on a good team Petry will look a lot better

This is the only way I can see this working. If Petry plays the same way he did in Edmonton, this is a waste of draft picks. But who knows, maybe he gets out of that shithole and suddenly remembers how to play hockey again.

Petry was excellent in the game here last month. Just saying.

On the Canadiens FB page it's as if we just landed Crosby reading the comments. I think we could have traded a first for Robidas and everyone would have jizzed all over their keyboards. I don't think this trade was necessary considering who we got and what we gave up.

Petry was excellent in the game here last month. Just saying.

He's had a good couple of weeks, even Moen had a stretch with a couple of decent games once in a while. That doesn't make him a solid guy. He's a bottom pairing guy who had more playing time than he deserved because of the Oilers thin blue line.

Back