• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ça sent la coupe?

Аrpon Basu
"I don't think there were first line players traded today, unless I'm mistaken." - Marc Bergevin in SJ, saying impact forwards not available

Not a perfect day - would have liked a top-6 forward, but we got some good depth without giving up a ton of futures.

Renaud Lavoie
#canadiens Marc Bergevin recognized that lots of teams are calling for his young players.

Chantal
#Habs Bergevin: "Every year is different at the deadline. We knew what we wanted to pay and respected that."

J-F Chaumont
Marc Bergevin parlait avec Craig MacTavish pour près de deux mois afin d'obtenir Jeff Petry.

Chantal
#Habs Pacioretty: "When the GM goes out and adds a couple of pieces, it's a reward and we can use it as motivation."

We improved forsure because we added without giving up anything. I like the depth we have on D now. Overall our d-core is very strong, could be top 5 in the NHL (and that doesn't include Carey).

Eller, PAP and DSP are our wildcards. If one of them steps up, we are looking solid.

Thanks to Hair for the fast updates and thanks to Worm for the insight on Petry. Appreciated.

We'd have all liked to get a bona fide scorer but there weren't any rentals out there who fit the bill. Did we really want to gut the roster just to add one piece in a so-called "hockey trade"? The chemistry in the room is great. Why mess it up by adding a cancer like Kessel?

Which team would you rather be right now? The Habs, who added needed elements at forward and on defence without parting with anything more significant than Sekac, or the Rangers who mortgaged a significant part of their future on Yandle who isn't good enough to get them over the hump?

We can could it this year.

I felt this team was a legit contender when the season began, only more convinced now after some good depth moves by MB and the outstanding play of Mr Price.

it's largely about staying healthy now.

We have a deep defensive unit.

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Emelin-Gonchar
Weaver-Gilbert

One is under 6' (Weaver). The rest is between 6 and 6'3.

We have three guys down in Hamilton that can play at an NHL level: Pateryn, Tinordi, Allen. All big guys.

Strong and depth. Bouillon coulnd't make top 3 in Hamilton right now.

We have a deep defensive unit.

Markov-Subban
Beaulieu-Petry
Emelin-Gonchar
Weaver-Gilbert

One is under 6' (Weaver). The rest is between 6 and 6'3.

We have three guys down in Hamilton that can play at an NHL level: Pateryn, Tinordi, Allen. All big guys.

Strong and depth. Bouillon coulnd't make top 3 in Hamilton right now.

Cube is a top 4 if MT had his way

We'd have all liked to get a bona fide scorer but there weren't any rentals out there who fit the bill. Did we really want to gut the roster just to add one piece in a so-called "hockey trade"? The chemistry in the room is great. Why mess it up by adding a cancer like Kessel?

Which team would you rather be right now? The Habs, who added needed elements at forward and on defence without parting with anything more significant than Sekac, or the Rangers who mortgaged a significant part of their future on Yandle who isn't good enough to get them over the hump?

Yep. Would have been nice to acquire a Vanek type player but this is still a very good team that is much deeper now...

IF DSP ups his development timeline (re: ability to score from dirty areas) & Galchenyuk ramps up to the next level (half board play on PP etc..), the Habs offense will be fine. DSP's net presence will be of vital importance.

I dunno about la coupe in 15-16. It really seems open this year, so who knows?

But this is the best young core we've seen in a long, long time.

Back