• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Habs 3/19 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes make their last visit to Montreal, trying to avoid a season sweep.

The Staals have been divorced again. Here is how they lined up at the morning skate:

Terry-E. Staal-Nestrasil
Gerbe-J. Staal-Semin
Skinner-Rask-Lindholm
Malone-McClement-Dwyer

Jordan-Faulk
Hainsey-Bellemore
Murphy-Biega

Dobby in goal.

Danny Biega makes his NHL debut in his home town. I wonder if he played with Murphy in Charlotte, otherwise, that seems an odd pairing. With Biega, we have 4 right shots on the blue line, so someone has to play on their off side. Michal Jordan moves up to the top pairing.

The Habs are locked in a 3 way death match with the Rangers and Lightning for tops in the East. Rangers have 2 games in hand though. Max Pacioretty leads with 34 goals, tied for 4th in the league, Subban has 39 assists, tied for 16th. Carey Price had Tuesday off so he'll go tonight. He's only leading the league in GAA and Save %, at least until the Hambugler plays enough games to qualify.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

Isn't this season over yet? At this point I am just looking forward to draft lottery, the draft and the Canes summer moves. I don't think there is much left to look forward to or evaluate this season. Ready for it to be over....especially with the D half filled with non-NHL players that aren't really prospects.

Isn't this season over yet? At this point I am just looking forward to draft lottery, the draft and the Canes summer moves. I don't think there is much left to look forward to or evaluate this season. Ready for it to be over....especially with the D half filled with non-NHL players that aren't really prospects.
Yup!

The lottery actually occurs between the end of the regular season and the beginning of the playoffs, right?

Correct. I don't think they set the actual date yet but it would be after the regular season ends and before the playoffs begin. This one will be prime time must watch for sure....

The Staals have been divorced again. Here is how they lined up at the morning skate:

Thought that might happen when Peters moved Lindholm away from the center slot on the second line early the second period the other night. I thought he had actually played quite well up to that point, but I'm sure he's got his reasons.

Wow!...Peters is in on the tank. :sarcasm

No, seriously, I suppose he thought it better to spread what few NHL "vets" (including Faulk on this list) he had through the pairings...and still came up one short.

Listening on the radio, this sure sounded like a tank-a-roo. Loved the comments by the habs announcers (les American feed) on Semin,at 7 Mil, just mailing it in.
Wow!...Peters is in on the tank. :sarcasm

No, seriously, I suppose he thought it better to spread what few NHL "vets" (including Faulk on this list) he had through the pairings...and still came up one short.

Glad I didn't waste my time watching this one. I even lost interest in the NC State game after they took a drubbing in the first half (bad on me). But what really burns me is the poor quality and resoures of the News & Observer paper edition. The NC State was a late game, but they could have left a box for posting the score - they didn't. What was truly outstanding was that apparently ALL of yesterday's NHL games were listed as "late". Not a single score was included in the sports section.

Glad I didn't waste my time watching this one. I even lost interest in the NC State game after they took a drubbing in the first half (bad on me). But what really burns me is the poor quality and resoures of the News & Observer paper edition. The NC State was a late game, but they could have left a box for posting the score - they didn't. What was truly outstanding was that apparently ALL of yesterday's NHL games were listed as "late". Not a single score was included in the sports section.

I dropped my paper subscription years ago for that reason. The sports and business sections had become nothing more than AP and WSJ reprints. And it didn't improve when they merged the Charlotte and Raleigh staffs either, except for more Panthers coverage.

I wanted to shoot Tripp Tracy during the broadcast. He wouldn't shut up about Faulk. Faulk this and Faulk that and he's the best player in the ice... well Faulk you Tripp. It was embarrassing. He even gave him one of the stars of the game...in a 4-0 loss.

He's gotta have a crush on that kid.

The N&O has become so lazy they actually write up sports scores and stories two days after the fact...so a game played Monday night is too late for them to cover anything Tuesday and then they waste the print space on Wednesday talking about Monday games. Other than my wife's desire to clip the coupons from the Sunday edition...the N&O has become nothing more than something to put down on the garage floor when I need to spray paint something...

With that loss and the BJ's win, the Canes have pretty much locked up finishing no better that 5th worst, which guarantees the 6th pick at the least. We can still finish 4th, but it will be hard to out-bad the Leafs at this point.

Back