• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Red Wings 4/7 7:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes make their only trip to Detroit as Bill Peters has a homecoming.

The Canes had a chance to be spoilers last night but spit the bit and kept the Slugs from clinching DFL. They could prevent the Wings from clinching a playoff spot with a win. A Wings win and a Sens regulation loss to the Pens puts them in. No word on who goes in goal, but I'm guessing Dobby goes tonight. No morning skate.

Red Wings recalled Landon Ferraro who could replace Justin Abdelkader in the lineup. He missed Sunday's game against the Caps with an upper body injury. Datsyuk is a game time decision with a lower body injury.

Fox Sports Carolinas for TV.

The Hockey Gods and NHL schedule makers sure were loving on the Red Wings to be able to secure two of their last three games against the Hurrithings...that's almost like a free pass into the playoffs.

Yeah. For unknown reasons Toronto has started to show a little backbone lately. Time to make those suckers regret it by just throwing in the towel. It's been a long, seriously frustrating journey for all of us, boys. Let's make the last week of this nightmare count for something, even if that something is a better draft position and a slightly better shot at McDavid.

Jeff Skinner career +/-

10-11 +3
11-12 -8
12-13 -21 (in 42 games)
13-14 -14
14-15 -24

+/- is an imperfect measure for sure, but in Skinner's case I think it tells a consistant and troubling story.

Lose with dignity. I think they've finally figured it out.
Go Canes!!!

Jeff Skinner career +/-

10-11 +3
11-12 -8
12-13 -21 (in 42 games)
13-14 -14
14-15 -24

+/- is an imperfect measure for sure, but in Skinner's case I think it tells a consistant and troubling story.

It also tells a troubling bigger story. I see a franchise stuck in a horrible rut that really struggles to develop young talent and is leaderless on the ice. The Canes have been a crappy organization since the Cup win except for the impressive (fluke?) ECF run in '09.

I don't think there is anyone on the roster that is trending positive in any area over that same 5 year span with the exception of maybe Justin Faulk....even though he will post a career worse +/- rating this year as well.

Back