• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Golf Thread

corksens

Legend
It's The Masters, so it deserves it's own thread.

Mike Weir is +5 through 8. Poor guy.

My favourite is Speith. That guy has been lights out lately.

Re: The Masters

Mike Weir is a great example of why I'd rather have one huge moment (ie have the Leafs win one cup), even if it's followed up by awfulness, than have a consistently good but not great team/individual to cheer for. His masters win >>>>

Mike Weir is a great example of why I'd rather have one huge moment (ie have the Leafs win one cup), even if it's followed up by awfulness, than have a consistently good but not great team/individual to cheer for. His masters win >>>>

I'd rather be a Rory McIlroy, and have both, but to each his own.

Wish my dad was still around for this....he was the only guy I could talk golf with, im not a big golf guy but I like the majors.

I'd rather be a Rory McIlroy, and have both, but to each his own.
Oh sure. I'm speaking as a fan. The topic of "would you rather be the Sharks or the Canes" come up around here once in a while. I'd rather watch a team win something and suck for a decade+ vs be good but never good enough.

Of course, we all wished we could cheer for a dynasty otherwise.

Awesome round from Speith. Only one wee blemish. Hard to resist watching this at the office today.

A 73 doesn't sink Woods. He'll come around eventually (not necessarily in this tournament though). He's just too good not to have a flourish before he's too old.

Yeah, in a sport where Nicklaus won a Masters at 46, Tom Watson was a single putt away from winning a major at 59.....and in which Ernie Els is only a couple strokes back at 45 years old.

Tiger probably isn't done at 39.

The problem with Tiger isn't his game, it's his body. I'm not sure his body, specifically his back will hold up.

That 9 iron from behind the tree he hit today was mental. I hope his doctor gave him shit for it.

if your body can't withstand the 'rigours' of golf, you're in some real trouble I would say
I take it you don't play?

Golf is tremendously hard on the body. Wrists, elbows, back, knees...all under pressure and torque. Especially for guys driving the ball 300 yards.

I take it you don't play?

Golf is tremendously hard on the body. Wrists, elbows, back, knees...all under pressure and torque. Especially for guys driving the ball 300 yards.

played a big when I was younger, but by no means was ever an avid golfer.

can't really think of a sport that's any easier on your body than golf though.

Back