• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Pens in the Play-offs

Cali Ed

We made the play-offs! Against all odds (considering how poorly they played at year's end), they're in. Yay.

Really? Wish I could see it. Our D is shaky right now, and we need Letang to help to power that power play and, in general, to help drive puck possession.

Hmmm ... took Game #2. Didn't see that coming. Now the next couple at home. Hopefully, they're still even when they leave the 'Burgh.

Tonight is the critical "do or die" Game #4 between the Pens and Rags. If the Pens win, the series is tied at two before heading back to Ragland. If we win, it's a best-of-three, and maybe we squeak it out. If we lose (and thus will have lost two in a row at home), we get skunked in Game #5. At which point I think all hell will break loose in the organization. Already talk of the team canning JR if we don't make it past Round #1. Seems a bit harsh, but Mario, et. al. were idiots to hire that guy in the first place.

Well, as you know, Pens out in five. Four losses, all by the same 2-1 score. Figures that Fleury would rediscover his winning play-off form, only to be stopping shots for perhaps the worst Pens team since the 05-06 team. Injuries hurt, but teams have to deal with them all the time. The players brought in to make a difference, save Patrick Hornqvist, did not make a difference. In the case of guys like Nick Spaling and Daniel Winnick, it was a waste of money and talent.
And the story is they are bringing back Johnston AND JR. If that's the case, it will be more of the same, misery-wise, as this past season. If I'm Sid and Geno, I'm rethinking my commitment to a franchise that seems to be coming off its moorings.

Back