• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2014-2015 NHL Playoffs

I certainly don't wait for game time and watch. For me I'll channel surf through the game while watching something else but if it goes to OT then that is fantastic viewing no matter if your team is involved or not... frankly I think I prefer watching two neutral teams in OT... it's less work for my heart to pump blood through my body.

I certainly don't wait for game time and watch. For me I'll channel surf through the game while watching something else but if it goes to OT then that is fantastic viewing no matter if your team is involved or not... frankly I think I prefer watching two neutral teams in OT... it's less work for my heart to pump blood through my body.

I know what you mean

I only tend to watch games featuring teams that I either like or hate. But I have no strong opinion about any of the four teams still playing and therefore no compelling reason to bother watching. I simply don't care which one of them wins or loses.

I laugh at how all of you try to make others believe that you don't watch the games going on now...

We all know that you guys still watch the playoffs...you might not watch all 60 min of a game, but to say you don't watch or have no interest is hard to believe.

We are all hockey fans, and even if Habs are eliminated, you'd be missing out on some very good hockey being played if you decided to shut it until September

I usually don't watch, so I can see where some guys are coming from, but this year I'm digging Ducks/Hawks and I hate the Rangers.

I laugh at how all of you try to make others believe that you don't watch the games going on now...

We all know that you guys still watch the playoffs...you might not watch all 60 min of a game, but to say you don't watch or have no interest is hard to believe.

We are all hockey fans, and even if Habs are eliminated, you'd be missing out on some very good hockey being played if you decided to shut it until September

Why is it hard to believe?

I don't watch games not involving the Habs all season long. I get 82 Canucks games on TV every year and I haven't watched a single one of them save for games against the Habs. When the Habs were still alive in the playoffs, I would watch some of the other games as I was interested in who the Habs might play in a subsequent round. But once the Habs are done, so am I. I'm a Habs fan only. I stopped being an NHL fan years ago. When they have a lock-out I'm fine with taking the entire season off. I don't hold my breath hoping for a truncated season to be played. In 2005 I didn't miss the games at all.

The only hockey I've watched since the Habs were eliminated are highlight packages on TSN. I am aware that both conference finals are going to a 7th game but I don't plan to watch either one of them nor will I watch any of the finals. I've not seen a finals game from beginning to end since the Bruins put the Canucks out of my misery in 2011. And it isn't for any lofty reason like I'm trying to protest Gary Bettman or something (although I do root for him to fail) It's simply a lack of interest on my part. I just don't give a shit who wins or loses and if I don't care I don't watch.

The only hockey game I plan to watch this season is the Memorial Cup Final and only because I'm an Oshawa Generals fan going back to the mid-70's. They pathetically failed in 83 (when they lost the final to Alfie Turcotte and the Portland Winter Hawks) 87 (when they lost on home ice to Trevor Linden and the Medicine Hat Tigers) and in 97 when they failed to reach the final. But they did manage to win the Cup in 1990 with Lindros and they've been the best team in this year's tournament with McCarron.

I rarely watch all 60 min. of a regular season Habs game.

I rarely watch all 60 min. of a regular season Habs game.

Yes I should have added that if it's a Habs-Carolina game on a Tuesday night in February I'm probably not going out of my way to watch it either. I'm long past the stage where I would watch a game just because I could. If there's no compelling reason to watch then I don't. I can't think of many things more tedious than watching the Habs and Canes try to bore one another into submission. I'll just catch the highlights, if any, after the game.

Two period limit Rolex should understand,

2 years ago, we went to a Habs-Leafs game 30 min before puck-drop...bumped into friends we hadn't seen in a long time....and all 4 of us decided to leave to go have dinner in Old Port.

Broke my own record by leaving even before the game started.

2 years ago, we went to a Habs-Leafs game 30 min before puck-drop...bumped into friends we hadn't seen in a long time....and all 4 of us decided to leave to go have dinner in Old Port.

And you didn't call me to go pick up your tickets?

For shame.

Yes I should have added that if it's a Habs-Carolina game on a Tuesday night in February I'm probably not going out of my way to watch it either. I'm long past the stage where I would watch a game just because I could. If there's no compelling reason to watch then I don't. I can't think of many things more tedious than watching the Habs and Canes try to bore one another into submission. I'll just catch the highlights, if any, after the game.

The last 20 games of the regular seaon and basically into the playoffs this season was some of the worst hockey I have ever seen from the Habs. Felt like we had four 4th lines and a dynamic goalie that got criticized when he wasn't perfect.

Due to the west coast and my work hours I generally record many of the games. In past years I would fast forward through losses and watch wins but this year I basically deleted the wins before seeing them. 2-1 games can be great every once and awhile but every night... yuck.

Once you PVR a few games you never want to watch live games anymore because you can't fast forward through the commercials, time-out's, replay reviews in the "war room" and intermissions.

Living in BC means that most games are on when you're working or busy doing something. A lot of games you can tell in advance that they won't be worth watching so why bother setting the PVR to begin with? Do you really need to watch all 60 minutes of a Habs-Panthers game? Nobody's life could be that empty, could it?

The last 20 games of the regular seaon and basically into the playoffs this season was some of the worst hockey I have ever seen from the Habs. Felt like we had four 4th lines and a dynamic goalie that got criticized when he wasn't perfect.

Due to the west coast and my work hours I generally record many of the games. In past years I would fast forward through losses and watch wins but this year I basically deleted the wins before seeing them. 2-1 games can be great every once and awhile but every night... yuck.

The season is just so damn long that I start running out of steam by the end of the season so I start only watching the important games and skipping the boring ones and I fast forward much more, even though I always fast forward some parts of the games, except in the playoffs.

Once you PVR a few games you never want to watch live games anymore because you can't fast forward through the commercials, time-out's, replay reviews in the "war room" and intermissions.

Living in BC means that most games are on when you're working or busy doing something. A lot of games you can tell in advance that they won't be worth watching so why bother setting the PVR to begin with? Do you really need to watch all 60 minutes of a Habs-Panthers game? Nobody's life could be that empty, could it?

I record all the games. Even on the weekend when I could technically watch the game live, I always let it record for at least an hour before I start watching it. Skipping the commercials and the intermissions is a must. I can generally watch a game under an hour.

Pierre LeBrun
Stamkos on Lundqvist Game 7 success: ''He's a great goalie. He's never played the Tampa Bay Lightning in a Game 7 before.''

Love it.

Back