• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2014-2015 NHL Playoffs

and Minnesota is hiding behind great goaltending

Should Hitchcock get fired?

Minny isn't hiding at all. The Habs hide behind all time great goaltending.

Here's the thing: Ignoring their goaltending, Minny's a pretty good team. "But durrr look at their position before Dubnyk durrrr" Reality is, no team can win with AHL-caliber goaltending. See the Dallas Stars. Ignoring goaltending, the Habs are a middling team at best. Cue the spin job in 3, 2, 1...

Should Hitchcock get fired? Only if he's the one who insisted on having sieves for goaltenders. But he'll probably get fired if they get eliminated by Minnesota and someone will get one of the best coaches in the world behind their bench.

Galchenyuk was a bad draft. It should've been Forsberg. I'd have taken anyone over Yakupov who is a complete and total bust.

No, the draft in which Galchenyuk was taken was a decent draft. However, look at the career paths of all three players. Two were rushed into the NHL prematurely and have struggled ever since... "WHAT MORE DO YOU EXPECT FOR HIM!??????" some will say while blindly ignoring their play and pointing towards the amount of low quality perimeter shots they're taking. While the third one was brought along patiently by keeping him in Europe for his post-draft season and making him play a full year in the minors in his second post-draft season. Then he's brought up to the NHL in his third season after his draft and shockingly, he looks better than the two who were rushed into the NHL.

But honestly, nobody could have ever predicted that being patient with your younger players would have ever paid off. Nuh uh, total myth.

He was ready then and deserved to be on the team, point finale

I know your rote answer for anyone under 22 is "he was rushed" but that is not always the reason, for some maybe, not for all

Considering I've said plenty of times he should have made the team the following season at... Wait, remind what age he was again... you are a 100% correct, spinmaster.

Another season of under-achievement for the Blues.

It was funny watching Hitch get interviewed on the bench during a break. The guy asked him if he was considering pulling Allen out after that first lousy goal by Parise. Hitch said "No way. We're sticking with him". Then they drop the puck and within seconds the Wild score again and Hitch pulls him for Elliot.

NHL Public Relations
The @mnwild won an elimination game where they held a series lead for the first time in franchise history.

Another season of under-achievement for the Blues.

It was funny watching Hitch get interviewed on the bench during a break. The guy asked him if he was considering pulling Allen out after that first lousy goal by Parise. Hitch said "No way. We're sticking with him". Then they drop the puck and within seconds the Wild score again and Hitch pulls him for Elliot.

The Blues have our issue , many of their top players do Fk all when it matters. Backes, Stastny, Oshie and others played like shit the entire series.

Michael Russo
Jake Allen: "Two terrible goals again. I just let us down. Just two bad goals that can’t go in at this time of year."

Back