• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015 NHL Draft

Sabrenator

Sabres & Golf Forum Moderator
Now that we know where the Sabres will be picking with their 1st pick in the draft, I think it's fair to start a draft thread.

We have two 1st round picks this year, we know one of them is second overall. Our next first round pick will be determined by how the Blues and/or Islanders finish.

I think it's safe to say the Sabres will be picking Jack Eichel at 2nd overall, 18 year old BU Freshmen that won the Hobey Baker.

We can keep this thread related to the draft and Eichel as well as other possible late round picks.

Yeah Eichel is a sure bet to be their pick and will be a hell of a player.

Hey I remember this guy! :thumbup:

I'm disappointed we didn't win the lottery but I'm sure as hell happy we got second overall secured. I, along with probably 95% of Sabres fans, were fully on board with the tank. I think I speak for most fans by saying we are beyond thrilled to see Eichel wear the Blue & Gold.

Hey, good to see you around. :cheers2:

Yeah McDavid would have been ideal. Eichel likely won't be as good as McDavid, but he's going to be a huge star.

Well, the good thing about Buffalo finishing last was that you were guaranteed either McDavid or Eichel. Is it disappointing for Sabres fans and the organization that Buffalo didn't win the draft lottery? Sure it is, but like HP said, Eichel looks like he will be a helluva player.

Well, the good thing about Buffalo finishing last was that you were guaranteed either McDavid or Eichel. Is it disappointing for Sabres fans and the organization that Buffalo didn't win the draft lottery? Sure it is, but like HP said, Eichel looks like he will be a helluva player.

BURG! Good to see ya!:thumbup1:

For him to win the Hobey Baker as a freshmen and put up 71 points in 40 games is amazing.

What's really exciting about this pick, is we finally have a legit #1 center. Something our team has been lacking for years.

I'm excited about the draft. We are getting one heck of a consolation prize in Jack Eichel! I'm actually excited for the draft I will defintely be watching it come June.

Eichel may be a consolation prize but in almost any other draft he'd be the main prize. The kid is phenomenal.

Eichel had an assist and the GWG in OT to beat Slovakia at the Worlds.

His stats so far...

7 GP, 2 goals, 4 assists, +4, 1 GWG (group winning goal), 12 SOG.

Just a few more days until the beginning of the NHL Draft.

The Sabres hold the 2nd overall (obviously) and 21st overall picks on Day One.

Back