• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Once again, it's time to gut this team

In order to keep Petry MB will need to find a taker for Emelin and Gilbert.

Just a hunch but Petry will take less to stay here. Apparently he loves it and knows what it's like on the other side.

My hunch is he'll sign with Detroit. He is from that area and grew up a Red Wings fan.

My hunch is he'll sign with Detroit. He is from that area and grew up a Red Wings fan.

I think he will look for the biggest contract and if that comes from somewhere he really doesn't want to be, then he will fall back on Detroit for the reasons you mention.

I think he will look for the biggest contract and if that comes from somewhere he really doesn't want to be, then he will fall back on Detroit for the reasons you mention.

its his last home run contract at 27 and might be at the top of the list of D man available just like Clarkson was at forward years back , he would be a moron to take a home town discount . Take the coin Jeff and then you can get traded if you dont like it regardless if you have a NTC/NMC . He cant leave 5-10 mil on table at this stage of his career.

In order to keep Petry MB will need to find a taker for Emelin and Gilbert.

Possibly, but short term I think they can make it work. With Gonchar & Allen coming off the books, that's $8M freed up that isn't being used (Technically $7.1M with Allen in the AHL). Then PAP is more than likely going to get bought out, leading to a $1.5M caphit for the next two seasons, but that'll still save us another $3M on the cap. The only (important or semi-important) contracts that need renegotiating are Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Tinordi & Petry.

But Gilbert & Emelin both need to go without taking bad salary in return. Have Tinordi as the third pairing LHD d-man next season and make Pateryn a full-time RHD.

Detroit hasn't had much success signing free agents for a while. Something to do about living in Detroit I guess.

Possibly, but short term I think they can make it work. With Gonchar & Allen coming off the books, that's $8M freed up that isn't being used (Technically $7.1M with Allen in the AHL). Then PAP is more than likely going to get bought out, leading to a $1.5M caphit for the next two seasons, but that'll still save us another $3M on the cap. The only (important or semi-important) contracts that need renegotiating are Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Tinordi & Petry.

But Gilbert & Emelin both need to go without taking bad salary in return. Have Tinordi as the third pairing LHD d-man next season and make Pateryn a full-time RHD.

True enough our cap is fine but if you are MB are you doing a Niskanen deal for 6 or 7 years ?

Detroit hasn't had much success signing free agents for a while. Something to do about living in Detroit I guess.

Detroit keeps their own talent and rarely venture in the moronic UFA market .The Weiss deal isnt bad if he can play a full season , unloading 3 more years x 4.9 mil is easier than LA trying to dump Brown or Richards .

Detroit keeps their own talent and rarely venture in the moronic UFA market .The Weiss deal isnt bad if he can play a full season , unloading 3 more years x 4.9 mil is easier than LA trying to dump Brown or Richards .

Simply not true. They used to be big UFA buyers but recently UFA have turned them down. On top of it, their players have left them as well (see Filppulla and Helm for example)

Simply not true. They used to be big UFA buyers but recently UFA have turned them down. On top of it, their players have left them as well (see Filppulla and Helm for example)

Their players have left them cause they cant keep every happy financially , impossible just like the Hawks . Other than Weiss name me a player they ventured into free agency ( not their own free agent or home grown player ) that they blew their brains out since their last cup in 2008 or even a 10 year span.

No doubt in my mind the Habs will try to sign Petry long term. I hope they succeed.

As for Detroit, Waz is right. Wings went hard for Suter and Weber and came up empty. They also coveted Parise and failed.

Living in Detroit is like living in Baghdad only it's less safe, has fewer ameneties and has lousier weather.

No doubt in my mind the Habs will try to sign Petry long term. I hope they succeed.

As for Detroit, Waz is right. Wings went hard for Suter and Weber and came up empty. They also coveted Parise and failed.

The Wings went hard at Sutter & Parise, but they were always going to Minnesota. They didn't have a shadow of a hope to sign them even if they offered more money because those two wanted to go back home (while at the same time cashing in, granted).

The Wings haven't been successful with UFAs because they don't throw out absurd amounts of money at them, the only exception is Stephen Weiss. Think they'd want a mulligan on letting Fillpulla go & replacing him with Weiss? Ouch. If you're not signing under their terms, they're not going after you. And Detroit is stocked to the gills with up & coming prospects, they're in no rush or even need to blow their wad on a pricey UFA.

Although in all honesty, we do need some improvements

Back