• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Good The Bad & The Ugly - Round 1 Game 6 - Habs vs Sens

If PK is so bad, why do you keep including his non-suspension as a factor in your team's loss alongside a good goalie and "missed calls"?? Funny logic.

The other funny thing was to see just how many times Sens players came down on habs guys with their sticks in the same manner. Inches here or there and its the same play....happens all the time.

i'm not saying he's bad. i'm saying he's a cartoonish PunK, and that real karl is hands down better than he is.

If PK is so bad, why do you keep including his non-suspension as a factor in your team's loss alongside a good goalie and "missed calls"?? Funny logic.

The other funny thing was to see just how many times Sens players came down on habs guys with their sticks in the same manner. Inches here or there and its the same play....happens all the time.

no sens player (or any other player in the playoffs that i've seen) "came down" on any other player in an as pointless and indefensible manner as PunK did on stone. it was a deliberate hatchet job designed to take out a player nowhere near the puck. none of your other players, or any of ours, did anything close.

Sens PK Ice time in this series.... (defencemen only and per game)
Gryba 3:11
Boroweicki 3:07
Methot 2:40
Ceci 2:24
Karlsson 0:46

Sens PK Ice Time in Regular season
Phillips 2:59
Gryba 2:29
Ceci 2:21
Boroweicki 2:11
Cowen 2:08
Methot 1:46
Karlsson 0:33

Don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative KoreaBoy.

Fact: In the playoffs, Karlsson was the fifth most used defenceman on the sens PK... basically the only time he got Penalty kill time was if one of the four PK regulars was in the box with the penalty.
Fact: In the regular season, Karlsson saw even less PK time.

I think its pretty clear that someone wasn't watching the series very closely if they think that Karlsson was an important part of the Sens penalty kill..... but that person was KoreaBoy.

if you say that real karl "wasn't" or "can't" be used on the PK, then you weren't watching, or you're stupid. your own numbers show that he WAS and CAN be used on the PK.

Yeah hes used there for one shift per game.... lol

And the sens shots against per minute go way up for that shift

Someone here has difficulty understanding numbers and it isn't BKerr....Hope this "teacher" doesn't teach math.

and we doubled you in shots and posession buttmunch. your goalie stole it for you

you got crushed. annihilated in game 5. to the point where your fans were running around like dozens of chicken littles around this place. our goalie didnt "steal" game 5. you got owned. the fact is, we played as well or maybe better in game 6, but the best goalie in the world stopped everything but the one shot that chris lee totally fkd us on and gave to him anyways. good for you guys i guess.

Sens fan can go to bed at night thinking Karl is better than PK and we'll watch PK lead this team on a deep run...

no sens player (or any other player in the playoffs that i've seen) "came down" on any other player in an as pointless and indefensible manner as PunK did on stone. it was a deliberate hatchet job designed to take out a player nowhere near the puck. none of your other players, or any of ours, did anything close.

I like your pink colored glasses. Sens players were slashing left and right all series. Even last night, on Subban himself. Unlike Stone, he didn't fall crawling for him mother when it happened.

Someone here has difficulty understanding numbers and it isn't BKerr....Hope this "teacher" doesn't teach math.

the fact that there are "numbers" at all on real karl and the PK show his statement to be false. he gets PK time, he can and does play on the PK. why are you making such a big deal about the fact that our coach smartly decides to use him more in situations where his freakish skillset makes him most valuable? if he was trotting real karl out there for 4+mins a night on the PK, those are mins he couldnt be playing in situations where he's most valuable. whats your point?

Sens fan can go to bed at night thinking Karl is better than PK and we'll watch PK lead this team on a deep run...

we all know the team we saw the last three games isnt going on anything remotely approaching "a deep run". and if you do, it wont be because of PunK.

you got crushed. annihilated in game 5. to the point where your fans were running around like dozens of chicken littles around this place. our goalie didnt "steal" game 5. you got owned. the fact is, we played as well or maybe better in game 6, but the best goalie in the world stopped everything but the one shot that chris lee totally fkd us on and gave to him anyways. good for you guys i guess.

You guys played better in game 5 and 6. You guys were not even in the games if it wasn't for Anderson on game 3 and 4 and the first 2 games, we won while outshooting you.

Congratulation, you guys outplayed us 2 games out of 6. Too bad it needs 4 to win a series.

i'm not saying he's bad. i'm saying he's a cartoonish PunK, and that real karl is hands down better than he is.

Hands down? Please?

I got to see even more of his defensive deficiencies this series and now I'm more convinced than ever that Pk is the better OVERALL dman.

But man Karlsson is a pretty skater for sure

Pretty much the only time karl sees ice in pk situation is if another d takes a penalty.

And that doesnt make him good on the pk.

It just means hes better than wiercioch who the sens are clearly deathly afraid of using on the pk... judging by the 3 seconds he got per game in playoffs and less than 10 seconds per in the season

the fact that there are "numbers" at all on real karl and the PK show his statement to be false. he gets PK time, he can and does play on the PK. why are you making such a big deal about the fact that our coach smartly decides to use him more in situations where his freakish skillset makes him most valuable? if he was trotting real karl out there for 4+mins a night on the PK, those are mins he couldnt be playing in situations where he's most valuable. whats your point?

He's an elite offensive D no doubt. Perhaps I'm alone on this but I like my stud #1 to play both sides of the puck and in all situations.

You guys played better in game 5 and 6. You guys were not even in the games if it wasn't for Anderson on game 3 and 4 and the first 2 games, we won while outshooting you.

Congratulation, you guys outplayed us 2 games out of 6. Too bad it needs 4 to win a series.

we outplayed you in the last three games hands down. the first game, i'd say was pretty close, maybe you guys get a bit of an edge. an extra save from the hamburglar and we easily could have won that one too.

but really, all that counts is the scoreboard. you guys escaped this series despite being outplayed for large stretches of the series. it happens. thats hockey.

:lol

Nobody is saying that Karlsson is literally cannot play on the PK... he's just not good at it so they give him very little time on the kill.

Karlsson is easily the best offensive dman in the league... but his defensive play is quite bad.

we outplayed you in the last three games hands down. the first game, i'd say was pretty close, maybe you guys get a bit of an edge. an extra save from the hamburglar and we easily could have won that one too.

but really, all that counts is the scoreboard. you guys escaped this series despite being outplayed for large stretches of the series. it happens. thats hockey.

You outplayed us hands down... and your goalie put up a .974 sv% and somehow you still lost?

If it weren't for those damn meddling refs eh.

"quite bad"? riduculous. go find his +/- going back to the end of january. watch some games. go look at how often he possesses the puck to prevent teams from scoring, how often he flat out skates away from people to get the puck out of our zone, or how often he makes freakish defensive recoveries to break up plays.

the real karl is NOT a top end "shutdown" defenceman. thats not his role. but he is far from a defensive liability and when his risk taking gets him into trouble, more often than not his legs allow him to recover and make up for it.

Back