• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

World Championships Thread

Metalleaf

I know nobody cares...but I care so here's a thread.

5-0 Canada, who has a roster to finally win a championship with. That forward group is Olympic worthy....defence not so much.

that D and goaltending is sketchy bad.

For this tournament?

No.

There's nothing wrong with

Hamhuis-Burns
Barrie-Ekblad
Savard-Muzzin
Wierdcock

in this tournament. That's likely the best blueline at the tourney.

Though I'm surprised that they didn't bring Rielly

Jones-Smith is shaky though...mainly because Smith blows and Jones is still a relative unknown...talented, but a relative unknown.

USA is always intriguing cause they bring in a ton of rookies....Larkin, Eichel....

Makes me wish I was in Prague right now....

This is a fantastic Team Canada Worlds edition. They finally took the tournament seriously for once and have a legitimate shot at gold.

And that's the best defence in the tournament, Jonas.

Czechs were stoked apparently when Crosby announced he was coming over....coupled with Jagr unretiring and the beer will flow like water.

Got a friend who's brother is the coach of the Croatian National Hockey team. He went over to Eindhoven, Netherlands to watch his brother in the Division 1B World Championships a couple weeks ago. Teams such as Great Britain, Lithuania, Croatia, South Korea and Estonia. Said the hockey was okay, but the atmosphere was great. The British hockey fans were like soccer fans, singing and dancing the entire time, ditto the Dutch. Some of the video's he posted were great. Crowds ranged from 500-2500, but said the fans there were among the best he had seen, at any hockey event.

Team Canada Men
Game over! #TeamCanada erases a 3-goal deficit and beats Sweden 6-4. Game stats: bit.ly/1byejFv #IIHFWorlds

For this tournament?

No.

There's nothing wrong with

Hamhuis-Burns
Barrie-Ekblad
Savard-Muzzin
Wierdcock

in this tournament. That's likely the best blueline at the tourney.

Though I'm surprised that they didn't bring Rielly

Jones-Smith is shaky though...mainly because Smith blows and Jones is still a relative unknown...talented, but a relative unknown.

They asked Rielly to be on the team, but he wasn't cleared by the team to play.

edit: the team being the Toronto Maple Leafs

Knowing the world's were coming we were probably better off seating him during the season so that he'd have a chance to go. The Season was lost anyways.

Back