• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFFS: 2015; WCSF: Ducks VS Flames; Game 2; 05/03/2015

Baltic Gal

Western Conference Simi Finals

48652432015.gif

Game 2

Ducks lead series 1-0

Game 1: Ducks win 6-1

Ducks @ Flames

ljsvjjb9bbxvu8n54prrqsqrt.gif
50.gif

05/03/2015

In Anaheim, CA

@7:00PM Pacific Time

Preview:

Ducks Look to Remain Unbeaten in Playoffs, Take 2-0 Lead in Second Round Series

FLAMES at DUCKS

TV: CNBC, TVA Sports, SN

Anaheim leads best-of-7 series 1-0

The Anaheim Ducks have won five Stanley Cup Playoffs games in a row and have defeated the Calgary Flames 20 straight times at Honda Center.

"We're not taking anything for granted," Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin said. "We know we have to keep working hard every day to make sure we're ready for games. There's no secret the game is battles around the wall, 1-on-1, being physical. That's what we need to do."

Anaheim won Game 1 of this Western Conference Second Round series 6-1 on Thursday.

"It's a good wake-up call for us, for sure," Calgary forward Mikael Backlund said. "We got a taste of what a really good playoff team is like."

It was the Ducks' first game in eight days after sweeping the Winnipeg Jets, and ninth game since April 1. Coach Bruce Boudreau said the extra time off has helped, but he expects better from the Flames, who might have to rely more on their speed against a bigger Ducks lineup.

Asked if he thought Calgary might use a different tactic, Boudreau said, "[Coach] Bob Hartley's an extremely smart guy. He's won a Stanley Cup (with the Colorado Avalanche in 2001) and he's done a whole lot of other things. I can probably think that he's [got] a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I don't know what they are, obviously, but I'm sure there's a couple of tricks up his sleeve."

Calgary is expected to start goalie Karri Ramo, and Boudreau noted that Ramo won against Anaheim on March 11.

Hartley has repeatedly been asked about the Flames' state-of-mind, and he has reiterated that they are built for adversity, having won 12 times this season when trailing after two periods, including twice in the playoffs.

"So many times we were left for dead," Hartley said. "But we always showed great resiliency and we've battled back. That's who we are, and that's what we want to cultivate. This business, it's about entertainment. We want our fans to be proud of who we are, the way we play, and we want to represent our community the right way, and it's with a blue-collar approach."

Flames forward Jiri Hudler, who missed most of the last two periods in Game 1 with an undisclosed injury, is expected to play. The status of forward Micheal Ferland (upper body) is uncertain.

Calgary split the first two games at the Vancouver Canucks in the Western Conference First Round, and won the series in six games.

"If we win on Sunday, we're in a really good spot," Backlund said. "I'm not guaranteeing anything here. I'm just saying: We're in a great spot. We're back to home advantage. We've got to look at it in a positive way. Sunday we've got to prepare for tougher games than we had against Vancouver."

h4AF14E75

hBC112A6A

Back