• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFFS: 2015; WCSF: Ducks VS Flames Game 5; 05/10/2015

Baltic Gal

Western Conference Simi Finals

48652432015.gif

Game 5

Ducks lead series 3-1

Game 1: Ducks win 6-1
Game 2: Ducks win 3-0
Game 3: Flames win 4-3
Game 4: Ducks win 4-2

Ducks @ Flames

ljsvjjb9bbxvu8n54prrqsqrt.gif
50.gif

05/10/2015

In Anaheim,CA

@7:00PM Pacific Time

Preview:

[h=1]Ducks Try to Close out Flames in Game 5 at Home[/h]
FLAMES at DUCKS

TV: NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports

Anaheim leads best-of-7 series 3-1

The Anaheim Ducks will try to advance to the Western Conference Final for the first time since they won the Stanley Cup in 2007 when they host the Calgary Flames at Honda Center on Sunday.

The Ducks are 7-1 in the Stanley Cup Playoffs after a 4-2 win against the Flames on Friday in Game 4 of their Western Conference Second Round series. No other team has fewer than two losses in the postseason.

Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau was asked Saturday about advancing to the conference final for the first time in his NHL coaching career. He cautioned that the Ducks will have to play a complete game to get there.

"Game 4 in Winnipeg [in the first round] was as complete a game as we've played all year, and I think it's going to take that kind of effort to win Game 5," Boudreau said.

"In other words, we can't have lapses where they're deking us 1-on-1; where we score a goal and they come back right after it; where we're not engaged with them physically. If any of these things happen, then it's a good chance that we won't be successful. Because I think even though we've been lucky enough to score a number of goals in the playoffs so far, it's the type of game where it could end up 1-0 or 2-1 when it becomes elimination games."

Calgary has lost 21 straight games at Honda Center since a win April 25, 2006, in Game 3 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals. The Flames lost Games 1 and 2 in this series by a combined score of 9-1.

"All the history there, at some point you've got to win there," Flames center Mikael Backlund said. "Things are going to happen if you play well, and I think this year we haven't played a good full 60 minutes there. If we find a way to play a real solid 60 minutes, we have a chance to win.

"We have nothing to lose. We have nothing to lose this whole playoffs, and it's going to be the same mindset [Sunday]."

Calgary mirrored Anaheim in its ability to rally in the third period during the regular season, but the Flames have been outscored 6-2 then during the first four games, including 2-0 in Game 4.

hD037A05B

h07965812

Back