• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015-16 Edition

Prust said today he would not hesitate to sign with us. Bernie is probably offering him 5 years.

Seeing as I AM an internet tough guy... sure.

I'm pretty sure you, being a MacKenzie boy and pretty well built, have never lost a fight in your life. I might even put money on you against Mindz who is "likes to fight guy".

Sure, if all things are equal . . . but in the NHL all things are not equal. If Reway could play against a bunch of other Reways every game, he would probably do fine but he's more likely to play against a bunch of David Backes type players on most nights, and he'll be lucky to score 10 goals in a season, me thinks. Brendan Gallagher and Tyler Johnson are exceptions to the rule, not THE rule. Most small players can't compete physically against the bigger players, and can't get to the net consistently, where most goals are scored in hockey, not from the perimeter. It's not 1979.

I am very curious to see how he pans out playing on the smaller North American ice surface. As much as I am hoping his talent can make an impact I have serious doubts about his effectiveness over here...

What got the ball rolling for the Hawks was signing Hossa. He signed there even though they hadn't won squat...at a hometown discount to boot. After that came the winning yada yada yada...

Not sure you understand what a "hometown discount" means then. Being one of the top 10 highest paid forwards in the league is not a "hometown discount". The Hawks took great advantage of a broken system.

Not sure you understand what a "hometown discount" means then. Being one of the top 10 highest paid forwards in the league is not a "hometown discount". The Hawks took great advantage of a broken system.

He also wasn't from Chicago or was playing in Chicago before his contract, therefore no "hometown" of any definition applies. Being paid $8M/year was a pretty good deal for Hossa.

Apparently another of our low risk great Bergevinian moves, Bud Holloway appears ready to sign in KHL.

Holloway has likely figured out that under Therrien he will never score enough to command a decent salary.

Back