• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015-16 Edition

Both can be moved. Only Habs fans think they're shit.

Well, Bob McKenzie told last week there is no GM interrested in Markov. So that makes Habs fans + 29 other GM + an NHL insider.

To be fair, Forsberg had a fellow center who was no slouch himself - Sakic. Lindros didn't have that. Avs don't win anything without Patrick Roy as well IMHO.

Neither Sakic and Forsberg had a 50 goal scorer aside them...

Well, Bob McKenzie told last week there is no GM interrested in Markov. So that makes Habs fans + 29 other GM + an NHL insider.
No that makes Habs fans and Mckenzie... who's a Habs fan.

Also Pierre Lebrun said the Habs would easily find a taker for Markov if they wanted to trade him.

Also Pierre Lebrun said the Habs would easily find a taker for Markov if they wanted to trade him.

Yeah, I was going to say the same.l

Most however would be more inclined to believe Mckenzie

I'm not sure if McKenzie was saying the Habs can't find a buyer for Markov... or if he's saying Bergevin is unwilling to trade Markov. It was kind of vague there.

I'm not sure if McKenzie was saying the Habs can't find a buyer for Markov... or if he's saying Bergevin is unwilling to trade Markov. It was kind of vague there.

I'm sure that's what he meant. Either way I don't think Markov gets dealt. I think MB tinkers with this line up and that's all.

That just says markov is in a slump and/or declining and i think all of us know that. It doesnt say that no one would trade for him

But they didn't. Forsberg says hello.

Forsberg: 885 points, Calder, Hart, Art Ross, Cup X2
Lindros: 865 points, Hart

Yeah they did. This is one of those eye-test evaluations. Lindros in his prime was the "better" player, and definitely more physically imposing, than Forsberg.

Last edited:

Before this season, I had all the trust in the world in this management despite their willingness to bury their heads in the sand because of their belief that this team wasn't just Price.

Now, with some reflection, I'm very, very skeptical.

I am still baffled by Douglas Murray.

It isn't pleks and markov that are the problem. Emelin, DD, Eller.

I am still baffled by Douglas Murray.

It isn't pleks and markov that are the problem. Emelin, DD, Eller.

This team doesn't need a rebuild. It needs to be re-tooled. Pleks and Markov will not be dealt. Emelin, DD and Eller should be.

This team doesn't need a rebuild. It needs to be re-tooled. Pleks and Markov will not be dealt. Emelin, DD and Eller should be.

Ya.

I am with you there.

It is pretty obvious we are just doing the tampa method. Suck every few years to get a stamkos, hedman, etc.

The issue with Markov is that he's signed for another year. Teams might be willing to gamble for him for this year but they don't want to be stuck with his contract next year if he's truly done like he's showing he might be.

The Leafs board just showed a great graphic about Markov. I suggest taking a look at it. I would bring it over here, but that would mean i`d have to log out, copy and paste it, long back in....

I`m too lazy to do that.

The issue with Markov is that he's signed for another year. Teams might be willing to gamble for him for this year but they don't want to be stuck with his contract next year if he's truly done like he's showing he might be.

Easily offset by taking on contract in return.

Back