• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015 Summer Edition

Oh Yes, DD made Max the player he is today...also, why do DD fanboys always bring up Eller? That's weak and irrelevant. They are two completely different players who have different roles on the club.

yea no shit, what was Max thinking when he was still scoring goals when DD was doing 4th line duties, or when he was playing with offensive killer Plek..

Oh Yes, DD made Max the player he is today...also, why do DD fanboys always bring up Eller? That's weak and irrelevant. They are two completely different players who have different roles on the club.

Because they can't actually defend DD so their illogical retort is to rip a supposed underachiever. Yes, it makes no sense, obviously.

Eller is always said to need good players with him to be anything.

This argument is stupid. The analytics brigade must be content with just making the playoffs to want to keep DD. Habs won't win the cup with him in the top six.

Enjoy your exercise in futility.

This argument is stupid. The analytics brigade must be content with just making the playoffs to want to keep DD. Habs won't win the cup with him in the top six.

Then it's rather evident that you don't understand what the argument is.

Its actually the Dd haters who bring up eller far more often *not just here but hf, hio, twitter, eotp, etc...*
Who was Max Pacioretty before playing with DD?

Did Lars Eller or Tomas Plekanec made a top 6 winger emerge in the last couple of years?

Is this thread is a rumor or a "lets bash DD again" thread?

Answers: a nobody (or a bust to Count standards), no, and it's a bashing board.

They won't win with him as the number 1 c. We all (i think) agree on that.

The point is whether or not he can still be useful to the team... and every analytic suggests that hes useful to this team that needs scoring badly.
yea no shit, what was Max thinking when he was still scoring goals when DD was doing 4th line duties, or when he was playing with offensive killer Plek..

I only bring up Eller in the list of centres that would be left on the team after DD is gone. Never as a replacement on the top line.

I think it is funny that people think his production wont dip by playing on anything but the 1st line (which we all "agree" that he doesn't belong on). This is the same guy that started his first 20 games with one assist 2 years ago.

He is incredibly expendable.

I only bring up Eller in the list of centres that would be left on the team after DD is gone. Never as a replacement on the top line.

I think it is funny that people think his production wont dip by playing on anything but the 1st line (which we all "agree" that he doesn't belong on). This is the same guy that started his first 20 games with one assist 2 years ago.

correction..... absolutely positively incredibly expendable.

Its actually the Dd haters who bring up eller far more often *not just here but hf, hio, twitter, eotp, etc...*
True to say that if only Larsehole was given those opportunities, he would be a star.

Why focus on that 20 game stretch and ignore the 1500 minutes he's played without Max in the last four seasons, when he was at 1.54 ES Pts/60 which is second line production.

Yes Max makes him better (over 2 ES pts/60 in their time together) but he's not solely dependent on him.

He'd still be around 35-40 point player without Max which is still useful to this team. Heck he was on pace for 44 playing with Pyatt, Pouliot, Darche and White as a rookie... but you just keep banging that drum that he wouldn't be productive at all without Max.

Why focus on that 20 game stretch and ignore the 1500 minutes he's played without Max in the last four seasons, when he was at 1.54 ES Pts/60 which is second line production.

Yes Max makes him better (over 2 ES pts/60 in their time together) but he's not solely dependent on him.

He'd still be around 35-40 point player without Max which is still useful to this team. Heck he was on pace for 44 playing with Pyatt, Pouliot, Darche and White as a rookie... but you just keep banging that drum that he wouldn't be productive at all without Max.

LOL. It isn`t just that 20 game stretch. That is one of many reasons I want him gone. He is inconsistent. He is weak on the puck. Whether you think he is due or not, he has been dismal in the playoffs. MT continues to use with Max even when he goes 20 games without a point. Desharnais is a marginal player and we have a marginal coach who is like a child who needs to have his toy taken away because he CAN`T STOP PLAYING WITH IT.

And, to be clear I do NOT think that DD is even this team`s biggest issue. He is however, an issue and I don`t want him on this team.

Hes weak on the puck... yet still produces offense over large sample sizes no matter who he is played with... ok.

As for his usage under therrien... perhaps the issue is that no other center has proven he can do more than him.

LOL. It isn`t just that 20 game stretch. That is one of many reasons I want him gone. He is inconsistent. He is weak on the puck. Whether you think he is due or not, he has been dismal in the playoffs. MT continues to use with Max even when he goes 20 games without a point. Desharnais is a marginal player and we have a marginal coach who is like a child who needs to have his toy taken away because he CAN`T STOP PLAYING WITH IT.

And, to be clear I do NOT think that DD is even this team`s biggest issue. He is however, an issue and I don`t want him on this team.

I have a hard time taking anything you write about this seriously when you say DD is a marginal player. Soon you'll be trying to convince someone that water is dry.

DD is a flawed player, everyone knows that, but he's a top-6 forward that puts up points if not much else. That isn't a marginal player by any stretch.

Hes weak on the puck... yet still produces offense over large sample sizes no matter who he is played with... ok.

As for his usage under therrien... perhaps the issue is that no other center has proven he can do more than him.

Oh stop it. You yourself have admitted that he does not belong on the top line. Remember? "We all agree"?

If nobody else doing better with Max, why was DD taken off his line in the playoffs? Why was Pleks was paired with Max when it mattered most?

I have a hard time taking anything you write about this seriously when you say DD is a marginal player. Soon you'll be trying to convince someone that water is dry.

DD is a flawed player, everyone knows that, but he's a top-6 forward that puts up points if not much else. That isn't a marginal player by any stretch.

Outside of the gifted opportunity he has received in Montreal based on their lack of depth up the middle DD has nowhere near the numbers he has. There is a reason that guys like Pierre McGuire say he draws no interest across the NHL.

BTW I don't care for your validation. Your opinion means as little as mine when it comes to what will actually happen with this club. There are no gold stars. People like him, people hate him. We meet here to discuss.

Outside of the gifted opportunity he has received in Montreal based on their lack of depth up the middle DD has nowhere near the numbers he has. There is a reason that guys like Pierre McGuire say he draws no interest across the NHL.

BTW I don't care for your validation. Your opinion means as little as mine when it comes to what will actually happen with this club. There are no gold stars. People like him, people hate him. We meet here to discuss.

Bravo!!

Oh stop it. You yourself have admitted that he does not belong on the top line. Remember? "We all agree"?

If nobody else doing better with Max, why was DD taken off his line in the playoffs? Why was Pleks was paired with Max when it mattered most?
So the coach used someone different than his favourite toy? So you admit he doesnt need to be taken away from this coach to be used differently?

1.54 es pts/60 over 4 seasons and 1500 minutes without Max.

People continue to ignore the fact that he scores without Max. Hes not some marginal player who only scores cause of Max.

So the coach used someone different than his favourite toy? So you admit he doesnt need to be taken away from this coach to be used differently?

Well... if we use your go to argument of "sample size", statistically speaking, we should expect that this was an anomaly and that he will go right back to 1st line duties no?

Back