• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015 Summer Edition

Stars apparent offer turned down by the Hawks was 2 2nd round picks (2016 & 2017) + unnamed prospect for Sharp

Plek has is best season in 5 years and he hard to replace, a guy like sharp has one bad year in 5 years and he is done... yup, only in habland

Sharp had an 80 point season a year ago ... now all of the sudden he is done lol

mine probably produces more than him in these last playoffs

In 2010 he had 11 points in 19 games
2011 5 points in 7
2013 4 points in 5
2014 9 points in 17
2015 4 points in 12
Saying he does not perform in the playoffs is totally fabricated. He had a bad playoffs this year like the rest of the team

Absolutely. Make it league minimum, but with *major* bonuses. 1 million bonus if he pots 25. 2 million for 30. Could have an insane bargain on our hands...

At his age, you can't have a bonus laden contract.

Bonus laden contracts are only available on

1) Entry level deals
2) Over 35 contracts (1 year deal only)
3) Players who have spent more than half of the previous season, or half of the previous two seasons on Injured Reserve (1 year deal again)

AK would not be eligible for a bonus laden deal.

I don't think he would hit 40 points on a 2nd line with PP time here.

His best season was a 50 point season when he was younger.

We'd most likely have another PAP situation on our hands where MT would probably not even want to play him

30 points is a 2nd line Right Wing now.

Plekanec was 13th (tied) in the NHL for goals by a centre... 25th in the NHL in points for centres.
Desharnais was 39th in points by centres

Getting guys who will score more points is certainly not as easy as some seem to think. You can't just remove their offence from a team that can't score.

At his age, you can't have a bonus laden contract.

Bonus laden contracts are only available on

1) Entry level deals
2) Over 35 contracts (1 year deal only)
3) Players who have spent more than half of the previous season, or half of the previous two seasons on Injured Reserve (1 year deal again)

AK would not be eligible for a bonus laden deal.

Thanks for the clarification. That's too bad, as it might have been a good win-win in this instance.

Here is a guy I havent heard much about:

[video=youtube;CrHGIjaS9-U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrHGIjaS9-U[/video]

30 points is a 2nd line Right Wing now.

Shit your standards are mediocre , with a few extra points a 4rth line scrub like Weiss is almost a second liner , might as well give him 5 mil after next summer.

Plekanec was 13th (tied) in the NHL for goals by a centre... 25th in the NHL in points for centres.
Desharnais was 39th in points by centres

Getting guys who will score more points is certainly not as easy as some seem to think. You can't just remove their offence from a team that can't score.

Yes you can when 27 and Sharp are your 1-2 and you get assets from trades :smilewinkgrin:

But suits is content to keep losing in round 1 and 2 with the status quo while our window dwindles . It's ok a little playoff revenue is all that matters.

Shit your standards are mediocre , with a few extra points a 4rth line scrub like Weiss is almost a second liner , might as well give him 5 mil after next summer.
They arent my standards. They are the way things are in the nhl.

30 points is the 50th best nhl rw points total in 2014-15

Sharp is not a centre. Hes 100% a wing. Hes shit when you try to play him at centre.

Why do you think a team that has been looking for a 2nd line centre for years (chicago) almost never played him at centre?

Anyone interested in Glencross or Fehr?? I would prefer Stewart but Fehr would be a good addition to the PK and our forecheck.

Fehr is a third liner, if we had a need for third liners sure, I'd be interested, 6'4 with some scoring ability

But we have enough to fill out the bottom six

Hypothetical.

Alex Semin's agent comes to MB tomorrow and says he'll take a 1-year $2 million contract. Do you want Bergevin to sign it?

Same Question.... 1.5 million and Chris Stewart?

Same Question.... 1.0 million and Andrei Kostitsyn?

Semin, I'd think about it. At $1M, I would. He's shown that he can produce on one year deals. It's when he gets term that he starts floating.

Stewart, nope. Akost, nope.

Back