• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

Doubt many Habs fans do.

If we had the cap space to add him while keeping Radulov and Markov and not needing to trade Galchenyuk, i'd be all for it.

Alzner totally seems like a "grass is greener on the other side" type of player.

Nail Yakupov not qualified? Throw him a $750k contract to try and resurrect his career?

Nail Yakupov not qualified? Throw him a $750k contract to try and resurrect his career?
I agree... hell give him 2 x $1.1m. If he sucks throw him in the minors and It only costs us $200k on the cap.

If it costs next to nothing why not take a flyer on Yakupov? If he can earn a roster spot out of training camp, fine. If not, buh-bye. Same goes for Hudon and Sherbak. They either earn a spot or they don't. Bergevin will have to get creative because most UFA's want nothing to do with Canadian teams in general and the Habs in particular. At least he won't have to overpay for Yak.

We might be the best chance for Yakupov to resurrect his career by teaming him up with Galchenyuk again but that's a pretty slim chance.

Still, why not, get him into training camp and see how it goes.

I'm not sure Habs are committed to playing Chuckie at C, so can't see where Yakupov fits if Radulov re-ups. I also expect Arturri to take the next step.

I'm not sure Habs are committed to playing Chuckie at C, so can't see where Yakupov fits if Radulov re-ups. I also expect Arturri to take the next step.

I don't see where Yakupov fits either, especially if neither Galchenyuk or Drouin play center.

Max
Radulov
Chuck
Drouin
Gallagher
Lehkonen
Shaw

We already have one surplus winger for our top 9. Someone will have to play center, or get traded, or not re-signed.

Max-XXX-Radulov
Drouin-Chucky-Yakupov
Lehkonen-Hudon-Gallager
Martinsen-Dano-Shaw

Get rid of Pleks... find a centre for Max/Radulov

Max-XXX-Radulov
Drouin-Chucky-Yakupov
Lehkonen-Hudon-Gallager
Martinsen-Dano-Shaw

Yakubust has busted out of two teams, one of which was terrible and St Louis stopped playing him. Yet you want him as second line right winger on our first place team? Seriously?

Give him a tryout... if doesn't work it doesn't work. Why not?

Max-XXX-Radulov
Drouin-Chucky-Yakupov
Lehkonen-Hudon-Gallager
Martinsen-Dano-Shaw

XXX is hard to find.
I don't think Habs will pay a premium (extra draft pick) to offload Pleks. They are probably counting on a bit of a bounce back
Hudon is not a centre
No way Shaw is a 4th liner

As an aside, there's a chance Drouin will play centre instead of Chucky

XXX is hard to find.
I don't think Habs will pay a premium (extra draft pick) to offload Pleks. They are probably counting on a bit of a bounce back
Hudon is not a centre

Whether they give yakupov a tryout or not has no bearing on your statement.

I'd rather give a try to Grigorenko (not qualified in Colorado) than Yakupov, just because of positional need.

XXX is hard to find.
Hudon is not a centre

Thornton.

Back