• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015-16 Edition

So, according to Dreger, Radulov is looking for a two year contract at $7.5M per season.

Yeaaaaah, about that...

Pretty sure Gionta.... 5 years 25 million..... Cole 4 years 18 million... .and Petry 6 years 33 million were all considered top UFAs in their respective years.

I didn't even bother pointing out all the Americans on our team (Habs touched on Galchenyuk and Pacioretty but also McCarron) who came via the draft.... or other FAs who signed with us but are not really top players (Hal Gill, Jeff Halpern) or others via trade and again a re-sign (Bryan Flynn, Stefan Matteau); but sure lets play the narrative that Americans don't want to play in Montreal if they are UFAs.

Heck we've had more success with American UFAs than we have with Canadian UFAs. Even limit that to the French guys like Lecavalier, and we've still had more success with the Americans.

But sure... tell your narrative...

You can't forget to mention American Frankie Bouillon, the number of times he signed with us.

If Edmonton wants PK they'll have to offer more than RNH or Eberle. I don't want either of those lightweights. If I'm giving them Subban I want Hall, Leon and one of either Nurse or Kleftbaum otherwise they can f-off. I may even require them to swap their 4th for our 9th or toss in Yak for DD on the side.

Anything less than that and I hang up the phone.

Yup it's our deal to control.

PK + DD + 9th
for
Nurse+Hall+4th

Take it or leave it offer

We'd have...
Hall-Chucky-Max
Gally-Plex-DuBois

and lots of cap space...sign a dman and we're done

Trading Subban would be monumentally stupid imo.

It might well be...but I don't see us winning with him and the current raft of slugs, anytime soon.
Then there's the looming question of whether there is too much friction btwn him and other players.

Trading Subban for Jordan Eberle would be stupid. Trading Subban and the 9th pick for the 4th pick, Hall & Nurse, not so much.

If Nurse is as good as many here say, why does Edmonton trade him for the expensive Subban?

Because he doesn't have subban's offensive skills? This is the BS thread.

It might well be...but I don't see us winning with him and the current raft of slugs, anytime soon.
Then there's the looming question of whether there is too much friction btwn him and other players.

Bang on , infrastructure isnt close enough to compete . So before we get capped out and have no flexibility a big move needs to be made for the future with core assets.

Sure I want to keep him but dont want PK , Price , Max at 25-26 mil and we still cant fill the holes .

So your plan is to reduce what infrastructure we have?

#1 center and #1 D are the hardest positions to fill.

In multi-player transactions, the winner of the trade is almost always the team that gets the best players (there are exceptions, but the majority of the time, its the team getting the #1 piece in the deal that wins the trade).

Subban would likely be the #1 piece in any trade.

Thats why you don't move him.

And who the **** cares if Subban Price Galchenyuk cost 25 million in 2 years. Thats fine. The cap is rising again this year by all reports. And you know what? I'm fine with paying my core talent and filling in around the edges on the cheap. The issues teams run into are when they overpay fringe pieces. If they are the #1C #1D and #1G I've got the core of the team and then build around them.

So your plan is to reduce what infrastructure we have?

#1 center and #1 D are the hardest positions to fill.

Dont plan to reduce anything at all , we have our 1C for the next decade . Asset management plain and simple . If you guys are convinced we could win with this team God Bless you.

We have seen no indication over the last 3 years that when the war begins we have the foot soldiers to go 4 rounds . No one will convince me that adding a few overpaid UFA`s on our top 6 like Ladd or Backes is going to make us any better . Even Okposo nice player but he isnt turning Max , Markov , and Pleks into Krejci , Pavelski , Burns and Cotoure type point producers in the playoffs .

If we havent won the cup when our players are under market value good luck when 10-15 mil in raises go out to the same core who havent been able to get to that extra gear when it matters and they approach their 30`s making kick ass money .

Regular season means squat when the big show begins and how much longer are we going to wait for results . I have no issue losing in 7 games in a BALLS TO THE WALL SERIES , but when our top 6 and top 4 have produced below average every year this is concerning. Chicago and LA have won their cups when many of their best players were 26 years and under and below market value.

We need talent and have the opportunity to acquire before trade clauses and or major increases kick in. I am not gutting this team but trying to add some legit young pieces we dont have and arguably will never be able to acquire in a few years .

A home run deal giving me Nurse , Leon and #4 , with our # 9 pick in my opinion has the potential to give us what we need down the road .

Sure losing PK will hurt but other teams have lost multiple key players and havent fallen off the cliff . You make adjustments and work around it .

Who cares if he is the best player in the deal if we cant win him in our current lineup when it matters . We need a major team changing move not overpaying some UFA stiffs looking for 6 mil a year .

MB needs to be bold this summer , no excuses.

In multi-player transactions, the winner of the trade is almost always the team that gets the best players (there are exceptions, but the majority of the time, its the team getting the #1 piece in the deal that wins the trade).

Subban would likely be the #1 piece in any trade.

Thats why you don't move him.

And who the **** cares if Subban Price Galchenyuk cost 25 million in 2 years. Thats fine. The cap is rising again this year by all reports. And you know what? I'm fine with paying my core talent and filling in around the edges on the cheap. The issues teams run into are when they overpay fringe pieces. If they are the #1C #1D and #1G I've got the core of the team and then build around them.

AMEN.

Get Carey Price. Pay Carey Price. Keep Carey Price.
Get PK Subban. Pay PK Subban. Keep PK Subban.
Get Stamkos. Pay Stamkos. Then Stamkos retires because of health problems.
Was not part of the plan so...
Get another #1C. Pay another #1C. Keep another #1C.

AMEN.

Get Carey Price. Pay Carey Price. Keep Carey Price.
Get PK Subban. Pay PK Subban. Keep PK Subban.
Get Stamkos. Pay Stamkos. Then Stamkos retires because of health problems.
Was not part of the plan so...
Get another #1C. Pay another #1C. Keep another #1C.

Find an entire second line .... Good Luck

Find me a #2D .......Good luck

Do it all in 2 years .....Good luck MB

Back