• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

If DD was a legitimate NHL player he wouldn't be untradeable.

He's not worth 3.5 million.

Thats the issue.

The issue is that you can keep him (and play him) for one year and then let the contract expire

Or you buy him out, and take the cap hit this year and next year, plus sign someone to replace him.

Option 2 isn't saving you much money this year, and would extend his cap hit an additional season.

several teams would probably take him for under 2 M / yr

Exactly. On a cheaper deal he'd be wanted.

but why trade for the guy at 3.5 million when Sam Gagner, Brandon Pirri, and Jiri Hudler are all UFAs you can likely sign cheaper than 3.5m

Right now I see 3rd line center.

I'm not even totally convinced of that if Danault does well at camp.

I think if Desharnais wants an everyday, consistent role, he's going to need to figure out how to play left wing.

I think if Desharnais wants an everyday, consistent role, he's going to need to figure out how to play left wing.

This. MB admitted that Daneault precipitated the Eller deal. That puts him as the favourite for 3rd line centre.

This. MB admitted that Daneault precipitated the Eller deal. That puts him as the favourite for 3rd line centre.

Eller wasn't the third line centre last year, he spent more time on the wing.

Stick him in the press box, and move on next year... so done with 51.

Stick him in the press box, and move on next year... so done with 51.

Yes, lets play guys like Stefan Matteau and Bryan Flynn ahead of him, clearly those guys are better players.

Yes, lets play guys like Stefan Matteau and Bryan Flynn ahead of him, clearly those guys are better players.

Meh... I have no problem with him out of the top 3 lines:

Max-Chucky-Gallagher
Shaw-Pleks-Radulov
Carr-Danault-Andrighetto/Byron

And I really think he serves no purpose on the 4th line. But none of it matters because MT will have him in the top 2 within the first 10 games.

He's better than Danault at this point IMO.

Danault hasn't shown me much yet.

I'm not yet convinced Danault is better than DD

DD is an undersized, one dimensional, average at best playmaker at this point. Is he really a good fit on the 3rd line on a team that wants to contend?

DD is an undersized, one dimensional, average at best playmaker at this point. Is he really a good fit on the 3rd line on a team that wants to contend?
Probably not but is Danault really a better option? If not who else?

Depends on what you want your third line to be.

With Plekanec and Mitchell on the second and fourth lines, you have a guy who can play against the other team's top line; and you have another who can take the key defensive zone draws. This team doesn't score enough goals, so why not a third line with Shaw, Desharnais and Carr or Lehkonen... a group that can generate some offense and take advantage of offensive zone draws and facing 3rd pair defences.

Depends on what you want your third line to be.

With Plekanec and Mitchell on the second and fourth lines, you have a guy who can play against the other team's top line; and you have another who can take the key defensive zone draws. This team doesn't score enough goals, so why not a third line with Shaw, Desharnais and Carr or Lehkonen... a group that can generate some offense and take advantage of offensive zone draws and facing 3rd pair defences.

Sure, I guess...even so, if DD is going to contribute in that role he has to get back to being more aggressive and feisty like he was when he had some success. A guy with his limitations just can't compete and play without playing with some heart and passion.

Back