• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

yeah. I feel he's on the verge of a breakout --either somewhere else or with Drouin. However, if he has another injury filled or generally disappointing season, his trade value will take a significant hit.

he's like a hot biotech stock just before they announce their clinical trial results
I like the comparison.

Still that's not a terrible return. Beauvillier had some nice potential and Leddy would fill a huge need.

Maybe they don't want to deal with the new contract, but I don't get the rush.

I'd give him one more look, and go big. Give him minutes and give him line mates. See where we are in late November.

if Bergy wants to shake up the team further, 27 is a good chip. I'd like to keep him but I don't know what other options MB has to improve the team.

I like the comparison.

Still that's not a terrible return. Beauvillier had some nice potential and Leddy would fill a huge need.

I think it's a fair deal. Beauvillier has a little Patrice Bergeron in him.

if Bergy wants to shake up the team further, 27 is a good chip. I'd like to keep him but I don't know what other options MB has to improve the team.

Imagine:

1) Add Drouin.
2) Use the Vegas schmozzle to find a semi-decent D.
3) Use 27 properly.

Assume Radulov is signed, and 14 and 74 are shot into space.

That's a better team.

3) has been tried. it's not like MT and CJ were previously opposed to having a creative #1 pivot. maybe one last chance?

14 and 74 exile is a no-brainer but difficult because almost every team has 2-3 guys they'd love to shoot into space

Or put him on the wing with Drouin. Big minutes, 1st wave PP. None of this 13 min TOI shit.

I think it's a fair deal. Beauvillier has a little Patrice Bergeron in him.

I'm not usually a fan a trading quality for quantity, or in this case, one really good player for two okay ones.

Julien didn't really have a chance with Galchenyuk.

20 games at the end of the year when you are trying to get the team out of a downward spiral, lock down first place, and then the playoffs... thats not ideal development time.

Galchenyuk today is basically in the position Kadri was in on the day Mike Babcock was hired. I keep hearing that Julien is a good coach, lets see what he can do with a summer, a training camp, and regular season games that aren't do or die.

Julien didn't really have a chance with Galchenyuk.

20 games at the end of the year when you are trying to get the team out of a downward spiral, lock down first place, and then the playoffs... thats not ideal development time.

Galchenyuk today is basically in the position Kadri was in on the day Mike Babcock was hired. I keep hearing that Julien is a good coach, lets see what he can do with a summer, a training camp, and regular season games that aren't do or die.

Unfortunately, Habs are not in the same rebuild position as Leafs. Therein lies the rub. The more chances Chuckie blows, the more he loses value.

Chuckie's most redeeming value is he remains cheap even under pending RFA agreement. I wonder if a team hard against a cap bites, reasoning they have no choice anyways (cause they need to shed salary). I am thinking something like a trade with the Rangers for Stepan (+ assets). Just a thought.

Last edited:

Chuckie's most redeeming value is he remains cheap even under pending RFA agreement. I wonder if a team hard against a cap bites, reasoning they have no choice anyways (cause they need to shed salary). I am thinking something like a trade with the Rangers for Stepan (+ assets). Just a thought.

He's not cheap.

He can go to arbitration and get a 1 year deal at more than 5 million given his comparables, (one of whom will be Drouin at 5.5).

Chris Nichols:
Dreger: "Those who have expressed interest in Galchenyuk say that Bergevin, in fact, does want multiple pieces."

My guess is a #2C and solid LHD.

Yeah, if we can get a #2C and a top-4 D for him, I'd probably be willing to deal him, if we don't view him as a C long-term (and are bringing Radulov back for offense).

Minny is our best bet , they are stacked with prospects and roster players .

If the Islanders rumor of Leddy + Beauvillier is true, thats not a bad deal, though I'd try for Barzal.

So Phoenix isn't bringing back Doan. Given his (loose) connection to Price, any thoughts about bringing him in as a 3rd/4th line vet presence?

Back