• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

Pierre LeBrun:
Hearing that the Devils are among the teams that have inquired with Montreal about Alex Galchenyuk...

As it should be. And I'll say it again, for all his faults, MB has not really made any bad trades as GM. Drafting and player development are different stories.

poor guy will run of bodies to trade if his drafting and player development keeps sucking

Friedman: "I think there's a good chance that Travis Hamonic is getting traded." #Isles

David Pagnotta:
About 15 teams (PIT, NYR, etc) have reached out to Bergevin about Galchenyuk at some point. MTL willing to listen as contract talks ongoing.

David Pagnotta:
About 15 teams (PIT, NYR, etc) have reached out to Bergevin about Galchenyuk at some point. MTL willing to listen as contract talks ongoing.

So half the league would like him? How about we KEEP him. Unless it's a highway robbery I want him to stay.

David Pagnotta:

Not sure how you can trade him to a Eastern Conference team. The Habs are likely going to lose any deal involving Galchenyuk.

Heard back from Scrotum. Florida did inquire about Galchenyuk and Yandle is involved with another roster player and a prospect. That's what I got.

Could the fact Galchenyuk summers down here and trains here be a factor? Who knows.

Yandle, BJugstad, Matheson and I do it.

:deal:

I really hope we keep Chuckie.....outside of landing someone like MacKinnon, I can't see us winning any trade involving Chuckie.

We are talking about a 23 year-old 30 goal scorer, who was moved up and down the line-up, and was behind guys like DD on the coach's depth chart.

How can you win a trade when you are giving away such a player ?

Not sure how you can trade him to a Eastern Conference team. The Habs are likely going to lose any deal involving Galchenyuk.

That's why Tampa traded Drouin to a team in the Pacific Division. Got him as far away as possible and little chance that he'll hurt the Lightning down the road. If you've decided that 27 can't play as a center for you, get the best return possible, regardless from whom.

Last edited:

I really hope we keep Chuckie.....outside of landing someone like MacKinnon, I can't see us winning any trade involving Chuckie.

We are talking about a 23 year-old 30 goal scorer, who was moved up and down the line-up, and was behind guys like DD on the coach's depth chart.

How can you win a trade when you are giving away such a player ?

It could happen, but it will be very hard to ultimately win any trade involving Galchenyuk.

That's why Tampa traded Drouin to a team in the Pacific Division. Got him as far away as possible and little that he'll hurt the Lightning down the road.

Except in Tampa's eyes, they are getting the better player long-term, so for them, they can't believe how the Habs traded Sergachev into their own division.

Except in Tampa's eyes, they are getting the better player long-term, so for them, they can't believe how the Habs traded Sergachev into their own division.

I don't believe that Tampa believes that for a second.

silly...both teams think they won the trade longterm. this is not PK for Weber age difference

silly...both teams think they won the trade longterm. this is not PK for Weber age difference

we are saying the same thing....

this is not Joe Thornton trade, where Boston knew they were not gonna win the trade....

Pierre LeBrun
Hearing that Radulov's latest contract ask was six years at $7 M per season. No way Habs do that...

Sorry, I don't want that contract.

I want Radulov back hope they can work something else out.

Back