• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2015-16 Edition

I'm a little surprised they haven't bought out DD, to be honest.

I think MB is trying to see if any team will bite first on acquiring him.

If not I suspect a buyout

I think MB is trying to see if any team will bite first on acquiring him.

If not I suspect a buyout

Have we not learned anything of the past? Desharnais will not be bought out. I mean, to buy him out, you pay 2/3 of his deal, meaning he only really has to be worth ~1.2m to be better than the buyout (not counting the marginal utility of having extra money this year but less next year). And he's worth that much, so I don't see us bothering to buy him out.

Ideally we'd either eat half his salary and deal him for a depth piece, or we find someone else on an overpriced contract and swap them, but most likely he'll be back in the same role he was this year.

We'd save about 2.3M this year by buying him out (minus the cost of his replacement) and lose 1.2M next year.

It's only really worth it if we replace him with a better more expansive player.

Who would take Emelin anyways ?

Eller i can maybe understand, but Emelin ?

I think if we eat 1M of his salary, we would find takers fr him.

Who would take Emelin anyways ?

Eller i can maybe understand, but Emelin ?

Some teams still have the hurr durr Neanderthal mentality of physical play good, small skill play bad.

Like, say, Deadmonton.

Wouldn't that be something? After all this speculation & bullshit about PK to Deadmonton, they would trade Emelin there for something, like, Mark Letestu.

And then they sign Lucic? Bahaha.

Since we have basically garbage prospects and not much cap room, we're actually considering trading one of our best young players who is signed long term.

Subban is not going anywhere. No team will be crazy desperate enough to pay what is required to get him and bergevin won't let him go unless we get that big deal.

Since we have basically garbage prospects and not much cap room, we're actually considering trading one of our best young players who is signed long term.

Scherbak is not garbage

allegedly Edmonton is trying to "sweeten" the pot by throwing in Yakobust for a 3rd round pick.

Heard from a buddy in EDM with some decent sources says EDM offering....

RNH, Yakupv, Nurse, #4

for

Subban, Eller, 2nd

Thoughts?

I rather have an offer having Draisaitl included. I don't have much hope in Yak and didn't see much of Nurse to comment anyway..

RNH, Yakupv, Nurse, #4

for

Subban, Eller, 2nd

Thoughts?
Subban must have got inside Chiarelli's head pretty badly when he was in Boston if any of these offers are true.

Michael Russo:
Lots of steam today that Wild and Oilers could partner up tonight. Wild likely targeting Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Oilers Brodin or Dumba.

RNH, Yakupv, Nurse, #4

for

Subban, Eller, 2nd

Thoughts?

I'd rather have Leon than Nuge but still, I would definitely put some thoughts about this one.

Back