• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

DaCosta sounds like a poor man's Shipachyov. Why the hell not at this point?

Take it FWIW, but according to Karl Alzner, the Habs are going to add an interesting player or two soon. I'm guessing he was rold his by one of his B.C. boys, Price or Weber.

Take it FWIW, but according to Karl Alzner, the Habs are going to add an interesting player or two soon. I'm guessing he was rold his by one of his B.C. boys, Price or Weber.

Where did he say this?

Or it was sold as a promise when Jr/MB were courting Alzner as UFA. It has been reported by multiple sources, Alzner was assured by Jr/MB Price would be resigned prior to agreeing to accept the Habs offer.

Or it was sold as a promise when Jr/MB were courting Alzner as UFA. It has been reported by multiple sources, Alzner was assured by Jr/MB Price would be resigned prior to agreeing to accept the Habs offer.

No, it's from an interview he gave today.

HabsLinks‏ @HabsLinks

HabsLinks Retweeted Chris Nichols

Alzner on the Habs: "They have their eye on a couple of pieces that are going to help the team." Interesting.

No, it's from an interview he gave today.

HabsLinks‏ @HabsLinks

HabsLinks Retweeted Chris Nichols

Alzner on the Habs: "They have their eye on a couple of pieces that are going to help the team." Interesting.

Alzner could simply be letting on to what was "promised to him" during UFA courting.....

Alzner is the Sean Spicer of the Molson/Bergevin administration. Picked up PR while he played in DC.

We'll find out soon enough. But he's tight with Price and Price probably gets some dirt from MB.
Aaron Ward has been steadfast for a few months now in his "insider info", MBs plan is to pick at the cap hell teams carcass as the summer drags on, since this year there are quite a few teams stuck with Habs being one of the few out options available

What cap teams will we be taking advantage of?
If I had to guess guess:
- Hawks presently 22-man roster & sitting over the cap, albeit by $50K (Hossa's LTIR will help immeasurably but I still see them shipping a contract out)
- Stars presently 23-man roster & sitting with $700k free space but have RFA's to sign
- Caps presently 17-man roster & sitting with $4M in cap space for 6-spots

Now do I expect MB to be the recipient? No...

Back