• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

If that came true... that is insane. Our offense (Despite Max's current lack of production) Would look AWFUL.

Its not insane at all . The issue is I highly doubt our regime wants to renegotiate in 2 years at crazy money when I dont see him as a core piece moving forward. 31 is getting his coin doubt they want Perimeretty at 7-8 mil heading into his 30`s. If we could get a legit hockey trade filling our much needed top 4 or 2 good young up and coming players to fill a few needs , he is moved.

We got Rads as a gift , a lottery pick that we probably will keep , 62 is going to get better , NS maybe becomes a top 6.

He is not untouchable by any means an this idea that the world will cave in if he is moved is nonsense .

Rumors are swirling that it woukd be Max/Beaulieu for Fowler and Silferberg

Are you saying Mad Mike tells his boss who to trade?

Nope... just that the boss is so stupid that he builds his team around the coach rather than getting a coach that that can build a system around the best players the GM can provide. Our coach just shoehorns the players we have into his system.

Nope... just that the boss is so stupid that he builds his team around the coach rather than getting a coach that that can build a system around the best players the GM can provide. Our coach just shoehorns the players we have into his system.
That is true

There's no chance he'd make it to us even if we did sign him.

Since he's playing in a foreign league, if we signed him he'd have to go through waivers. If nobody picks him up, he'd be our property. But if multiple teams are interested in him, well... Yeah.

We have a glaring need for both.

We need another center and a top three dman

If Bergevin can snag Shipachyov out of Russia for nothing that'll take care of that and be a coup.

Can't sign him til next summer. He'd need to clear waivers to play this year even if he could get out of his contract.

And another top 6 , 3 significant pieces not role player rentals in decline

You don't have to fill every hole. There is no perfect team in the NHL, every team has issues.

Penguins had their #2 and #3 defencemen as Brian Dumoulin, and Trevor Daley.
Chicago has had the following as #2 Cs on their cup teams... Michal Handzus, Dave BOlland, and a washed up Brad Richards.
Los Angeles has never had enough scoring depth on their two cup teams.
The Bruins cup team couldn't score on the PP.

Every team has flaws; you have to fix what you can, but its impossible to fix everything with the way the salary cap is.

Can't sign him til next summer. He'd need to clear waivers to play this year even if he could get out of his contract.
I'm aware. I was referring to a fix for next year. I don't think one is coming this year.

You don't have to fill every hole. There is no perfect team in the NHL, every team has issues.

Penguins had their #2 and #3 defencemen as Brian Dumoulin, and Trevor Daley.
Chicago has had the following as #2 Cs on their cup teams... Michal Handzus, Dave BOlland, and a washed up Brad Richards.
Los Angeles has never had enough scoring depth on their two cup teams.
The Bruins cup team couldn't score on the PP.

Every team has flaws; you have to fix what you can, but its impossible to fix everything with the way the salary cap is.

Every team has flaws but those teams had a core that came through when it matters . Handzus may not be your ideal 2C but they have/had TJ , Kane, Keith, Saad, Seebrook, Hossa . Boston's pp was iffy but Marchand, Krejci, Bergeron and others were horses in the playoffs so the drop off in one area is not as severe .

Pens have Letang and 2 world class talents and a third line that might have been the best in the playoffs plus Dumoulin and others and a goalie who were solid , no quit in their game .

Our core skaters have yet to put in that " hell of a playoff" run with the tenacity required in the war of attrition .

Cammaleri was the last top 6 to do that ,our best playoff performers were secondary players from Eller , Bourque etc...

We simply have too many passengers who don't get on the playoff train , check our core player stats from the last few years it's not acceptable for a cup run and 31 can't do it alone .

On defence Weber and Petry is all I trust and a handful of forwards I can see bring their game prepared to win.

Overall cup winners didn't have as many flaws as we have now .

Blah, blah, blah, clutch... blah, blah, blah, playoff performer,... blah....

is all i read when we go off on these tangents.

Back