• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

I think if we can make a significant upgrade at center, we'd be in pretty good shape. A top LHD would be nice too. Another top 6 forward is complete gravy at this point IMO.

I think if we can make a significant upgrade at center, we'd be in pretty good shape. A top LHD would be nice too. Another top 6 forward is complete gravy at this point IMO.

Moves have to be made. Saying we need to get all three pieces before we can compete seems like overkill.

I agree with you. I'm also saying that I think we can compete with just a significant upgrade at center. Of course it's also the hardest move to make.

pleks and DD making a combined ten million handcuffs MB right now.

No team will take either....MB can't take on a big contract at the moment without unloading some contracts.

So forget getting lineup help for draft picks or prospects at the moment

pleks and DD making a combined ten million handcuffs MB right now.

No team will take either....MB can't take on a big contract at the moment without unloading some contracts.

So forget getting lineup help for draft picks or prospects at the moment

A team would take DD if it is necessary cap wise to make the deal, and montreal is offering the prospects/picks that they want.

He's an expiring contract and if they like the rest of the deal and thats the price of making it happen, they will take him.

Pleks is more troublesome cause his contract has an additional year, but if you are a team like Colorado and are ready to sell, then you take the contract to make the deal work... or Arizona.. or whoever.

Some teams would take DD for the rest of the season to balance salaries, as long as the rest of the offer makes sense.

Some teams would take DD for the rest of the season to balance salaries, as long as the rest of the offer makes sense.

Sure, say what i was saying, but in less words.

What took you so long?

A team would take DD if it is necessary cap wise to make the deal, and montreal is offering the prospects/picks that they want.

He's an expiring contract and if they like the rest of the deal and thats the price of making it happen, they will take him.

Pleks is more troublesome cause his contract has an additional year, but if you are a team like Colorado and are ready to sell, then you take the contract to make the deal work... or Arizona.. or whoever.

or MB finds a way to pull the old your problem for my problem type deal.

Anyone enticing out there that is truggling with a similar contract?

Second line center and a partner for Weber are musts.

Mb will find a veteran dman to plug in...the price tag is just too high to get a legit top two.

It'll cost Max

Blah, blah, blah, clutch... blah, blah, blah, playoff performer,... blah....

is all i read when we go off on these tangents.

I have a little hockey homework for you . Go back to the last 3 cup winning teams and make your list of their top 12-14 players and match up our team with theirs and tell me who you seriously is going to give you their performance, minus Price of course.

Can't wait to see how many ?? will be missing .

I think we end up with Kulikov and Hanzal.

In the grand scheme of things I would be content with that considering that shouldn't cost MB anything moire than futures asset wise.

Yes, I'd like to see MB make a push for a long term solution at center but we all know that doesn't occur during the season.

Why Hanzal if we need a #2 center? He is barely a #3 center...
Hes an upgrade on DD as the number 3 centre.

Hed be able to play more defensive zone draws and PKing which might free up Plek to play a better role.

But most of all i just dont see a #2c available as a rental.

I don't think Plek is able to play a better role anymore. I could probably count on one hand the scoring changes he's created this year.

Hanzal would be our #2 center ahead of Plek on this team. And that's not a good thing.

Back