• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2016-17 Edition

Everyone's buddy Ek floating Sanheim + a pick for Pacioretty.

Pass.

If you're in "win now" mode you don't trade a player in or even about to enter his prime for a prospect. You do the opposite, a la Sergachev for Drouin.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

If you're in "win now" mode you don't trade a player in or even about to enter his prime for a prospect. You do the opposite, a la Sergachev for Drouin.

Drouin is not even close to prime yet. But trading Max for that would be foolish.

Or a Jeff Carter to CBJ type deal - Voracek + Couturier (#8 overall)

Or a Jeff Carter to CBJ type deal - Voracek + Couturier (#8 overall)

This regime is too stupid to pull that type of deal , they will wait til the bitter end and be forced to give him a 40% raise with term .

Are they in "win now" mode? The team kinda sucks and they just signed Price to very long term.

Not sure about "prime" either -- Isn't Drouin like 1 or 2 years older than Shergachev?

Are they in "win now" mode? The team kinda sucks and they just signed Price to very long term.

Not sure about "prime" either -- Isn't Drouin like 1 or 2 years older than Shergachev?

They are forever in 'win now' mode, just without the actual winning of anything important.

Drouin is an established NHL player. Sergachev may or may not become one. Ergo, Drouin is of more immediate help to a team trying to win now than a prospect like Sergachev, who may have to play in the AHL for a year or two.

OK. But you said "prime".... which is a lot different than you just described.

Anyways.... this team kinda sucks. It's currently more dependent on Price than it's ever been.

103 pt teams don't "kinda suck" no matter how often you keep repeating the same line.

103 pt teams don't "kinda suck" no matter how often you keep repeating the same line.

Have you already forgotten that the 103pt team from last year is going to be without Markov and Radulov this season? The team is as definetly kinda sucks good sir. So much is on Prices big shoulders.

I cheer for the Habs too, but I'm not blind. The team is in rough shape right now.

Have you already forgotten that the 103pt team from last year is going to be without Markov and Radulov this season? The team is as definetly kinda sucks good sir. So much is on Prices big shoulders.

I cheer for the Habs too, but I'm not blind. The team is in rough shape right now.

So it's missing a 31 year old forward (who is more than adequately replaced by Drouin) and a soon-to-be 39 year old defenceman and that puts it in "rough shape"? I get that you would rather have Subban, Sergachev and Markov than Weber and Drouin but this team is still more than capable of putting up triple digits in the points column this coming season. No team with Carey Price is going to suck as bad as you're trying to believe it will.

So it's missing a 31 year old forward (who is more than adequately replaced by Drouin) and a soon-to-be 39 year old defenceman and that puts it in "rough shape"? I get that you would rather have Subban, Sergachev and Markov than Weber and Drouin but this team is still more than capable of putting up triple digits in the points column this coming season. No team with Carey Price is going to suck as bad as you're trying to believe it will.

Radu carried us last year upfront , we go down in 4 without him . Regular season triple digit points mean squat if you cant come together come playoff time .

This D is brutal in the transition game .

Back