Page 773 of 773 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773
Results 15,441 to 15,448 of 15448

Thread: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    WeHave is an older fan, so I don't blame him for advocating for sideways trades.

Older fans typically live in the moment. They want the game they are watching to be good and they want players they've heard of on the team. They're not super concerned about winning a cup of having sustained future success. They simply want instant gratification that comes with the individual game they are watching in the moment.

When you personally aren't concerned with the future there is no real reason to think about it.
    Funny hearing a millennial talk about instant gratification...

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Funny hearing a millennial talk about instant gratification...
    I'm not a millennial, but who cares about facts eh.

We've went over this Sal - so many times....
    Last edited by CaptainBolduke; 01-21-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    WeHave is an older fan, so I don't blame him for advocating for sideways trades.

Older fans typically live in the moment. They want the game they are watching to be good and they want players they've heard of on the team. They're not super concerned about winning a cup of having sustained future success. They simply want instant gratification that comes with the individual game they are watching in the moment.

When you personally aren't concerned with the future there is no real reason to think about it.
    Older fans like us simply want a well run franchise without the moronic mistakes of the last few decades .

We have no issue on a 3-5 year rebuild . We saw the multiple cups being won and we got our gratification , you maybe lucky to have seen 1 cup .

Post Thanks / Like

I'm good with a rebuild but I've been around long enough to know that the Habs will never do one. Neither Price nor Weber will be traded. To do so would be admitting that they were wrong about trading for Weber and about extending Price.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
    The Montreal Canadiens:

"Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    I'm good with a rebuild but I've been around long enough to know that the Habs will never do one. Neither Price nor Weber will be traded. To do so would be admitting that they were wrong about trading for Weber and about extending Price.

Youre good with a rebuild but you want the Habs to trade for mcdonagh and trade our to 3 pick for a center.

Does not compute.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Youre good with a rebuild but you want the Habs to trade for mcdonagh and trade our to 3 pick for a center.

Does not compute.
    McDonaugh has plenty of tread left on his tires and unless there's a top eschelon center available to draft I think that the Habs should trade the pick for one. Not an aging player but a young blue chip centre with most of his career still in front of him.

The Montreal Canadiens:

"Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou View Post
    McDonaugh has plenty of tread left on his tires and unless there's a top eschelon center available to draft I think that the Habs should trade the pick for one. Not an aging player but a young blue chip centre with most of his career still in front of him.

Unless your goal is to try to race back to 8th place next season, you simply don't trade your best REBUILD chip for a near 29 year old d-man (McD) in order to accommodate at near 33 year old d-man (Weber). That would lead to more mediocrity and not help the system at all.

Max MUST be moved prospects (including at least one top/near ready) and high picks. You might be able to get 2 first rounders for Max.

Players like Max rarely become available in the NHL. This is a major opportunity for the Habs. They can't **** this up like they did with Subban.

Post Thanks / Like

They will **** it up

Page 773 of 773 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773